Any computer games fans? (we need a gamers icon!)

53 watchers
May 2020
1:13pm, 3 May 2020
69,358 posts
  •  
Gobi
Brand new xbox plus steering wheel and frame were purchased and have never been used. I set it up etc....

For sale
Jul 2020
8:24pm, 2 Jul 2020
24,287 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I’ve just finished the God of War play through. It was pretty awesome :-) Would highly recommend it :-)
Jul 2020
9:16am, 3 Jul 2020
35,460 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I downloaded a think called Light - The Remake off Steam. First game I've bought in years. I am so rubbish at these things. Got about 10 things in then got stuck, had to look up a walkthrough! It's very atmospheric though. I do like walk around finding things ones, rather than shooting stuff. And because it's Russian and some dodgy translations, for a post apocalyptic thing, that's actually quite apposite, it seems! :-) G
Nov 2020
4:58pm, 19 Nov 2020
12,630 posts
  •  
JK *chameleon*
Hmm, this seems as good a place as any to ask this question...

I'm looking to get a 4K tv to hook my PS Pro up to (and eventually a PS5 once all the mania has calmed down and the launch issues are resolved). Normally I stick with brand loyalty and buy Samsung, because I don't understand all the technobabble (QLED, OLED, Intelligent upscaling, what?!), but I wonder if I'm missing something.

Can anyone help me cut through the bullshit and pick the right TV for my gaming?
Nov 2020
5:56pm, 19 Nov 2020
4,855 posts
  •  
BanjoBax
Good article about what to consider for the next gen consoles with recommendations gamesradar.com (they mention can get burn in with OLED)
Nov 2020
6:15pm, 19 Nov 2020
4,027 posts
  •  
FergusG
My standard advice to anyone buying a big TV or decent AV kit is always the same...

When you're close to making the purchase, get yourself into a Richer Sounds store and have a discussion/demo with someone who really knows what they're talking (rather than someone who spends most of their day selling fridges and washing machines). The price and extended warranty (free) are also as good or better that you'll likely find anywhere too!
Nov 2020
7:48pm, 19 Nov 2020
12,631 posts
  •  
JK *chameleon*
Thanks gents. That's a bit of weekend reading for me :)
Dec 2020
8:26am, 16 Dec 2020
124,274 posts
  •  
Little town of Greplehem
Happy Feast of Winterveil!
Jan 2021
11:54am, 11 Jan 2021
37,005 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Tomb Raider 2013 on Steam cost me £2.02 (no idea why 2 pence). I'm right up to date with my gaming me.

Unfortunately MrsS(rrr) has nicked my laptop so I can't play it. Given that just the tutorial has me stumped it could be £2 that lasts me a couple of years. Love a bit of value me. :-) G
Jan 2021
2:50pm, 11 Jan 2021
13,174 posts
  •  
JK *chameleon*
I've spent a good chunk of time lately playing God of War (which I bought in 2018 but then stopped having time for). There's a lot to be said for playing through older games :)

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
If you're buying games (or anything) on Amazon, please use our Amazon link:

amazon.co.uk

As an Amazon Associate Fetcheveryone.com earns from qualifying purchases!