Any computer games fans? (we need a gamers icon!)

53 watchers
Mar 2020
9:12pm, 24 Mar 2020
4,748 posts
  •  
1step2far
It could be... but it works for everything else. Just not this. Joy. :-)
Mar 2020
9:14pm, 24 Mar 2020
923 posts
  •  
Grast_girl
Just found this thread. Have everything on Steam nowadays, but did have a Spectrum ZX+2 back in the day, played the original Doom etc.
Current games:
This War of Mine (good for putting our current predicament in perspective, and donates to War Child)
Plants vs Zombies (I have spent hundreds if not thousands of hours in on this, would love to know if anyone has beaten 30 rounds of Vasebreaker Endless)

Also have:
Skyrim, Fallout: Las Vegas, Plague Inc, Baldur's Gate, Theme Hospital (the new one), Jurassic World and loads of others.
Mar 2020
10:33am, 25 Mar 2020
6,442 posts
  •  
bigleggy
The Sega - are you tuning it correctly - didn't there used to be two signal settings - Pal and NTSC (I think). Are you sure you're using the correct one for UK (Pal I think for UK)
Mar 2020
10:49am, 25 Mar 2020
34,521 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
NTSC is USA and will usually give you banding, synch or colour problems (we used to say NTSC stood for Never Twice The Same Colour as it was inferior encoding to PAL!). Good luck. Tuning, ah, happy memories! :-) G
Mar 2020
10:50am, 25 Mar 2020
34,522 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I'm a cheap skate and put Free Doom on my PC. Uses GZ Doom engine and some new levels (WADs?) and it's still great fun, just like original Doom! :-) G
Mar 2020
11:22am, 25 Mar 2020
602 posts
  •  
Sam Jelfs
I happen to have a VR rig at home at the moment (for work development purposes) and very tempted to buy Half-Life: Alyx, but I just can't bring myself to spend 50euro on a game that I know I won't be able to play once the C-19 situation is over and I have to take the rig back to the office...

Probably already posted, but I can't be bothered to search the thread to check ;-) and on the entire other end of the spectrum, have ~7000 free to play in your browser DOS games to keep you busy...

archive.org
Mar 2020
2:34pm, 29 Mar 2020
23,614 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
I've put Fallout 4 aside again, as I've hit another bug that's blocked me from doing one of the missions. I'm supposed to rescue someone from a gang - but when I get into the room where she's being held prisoner, she's not there.

My games arrived during the week though, so I've just started God of War. A muscly bald man has just cut down a tree with an axe - it was very satisfying. Now he's being all mystical.
Mar 2020
2:44pm, 29 Mar 2020
2 posts
  •  
ZenTaoPlurp
Epic Games are giving away a free game every week. Last week was Watchdogs, this week World War Z: some good, some bad. Approaching the release of Half Life: Alyx, Valve were giving away Half Life and Half Life 2. I hadn't played either and it was interesting to see what all the fuss had been about.

Now back to relearning Z80 machine code to write a version of Pong for a real live Spectrum... The display is a pain in the backside.
Mar 2020
2:55pm, 29 Mar 2020
10,414 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Hello. We played a game called Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes which my son bought from steam. It had two of us looking at the TV where there was a 'bomb' to be defused and the rest of us looking at a bomb disposal manual on a laptop. You weren't allowed to look at the manual if you were doing the defusing, so it was all about communication. It was fun, I recommend it.
Mar 2020
3:31pm, 29 Mar 2020
23,615 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
So far, God of War is quite spectacular. The combat system is a bit challenging to learn, but the sound and visuals are amazing, and the story is pretty powerful (Father and Son, cremating the wife/mum, before going out on the boy's first hunt).

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
If you're buying games (or anything) on Amazon, please use our Amazon link:

amazon.co.uk

As an Amazon Associate Fetcheveryone.com earns from qualifying purchases!