Any computer games fans? (we need a gamers icon!)

53 watchers
Jan 2022
3:52pm, 18 Jan 2022
833 posts
  •  
The Mussile
I finally finished Dark Souls - only 10 years after its original release. lol

When you 'get' it, it genuinely is a masterpiece of pacing and design although some of the later accessible areas don't feel completely finished compared to the early ones.
Jan 2022
3:43pm, 25 Jan 2022
29,639 posts
  •  
ElDuderino
So, i got one of those Oculus Quest2 VR thingys yesterday for my birthday. It's great fun and I haven't broken anything yet. (bones or ornaments)
Jan 2022
3:46pm, 25 Jan 2022
41,183 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
I think I'd get motion sickness with a VR headset.

Not investing in one until I go round to my mates who has one to try it. He is a real fan, and he has a party piece he does of one of the going up a lift to a tall building and walking out onto a plank. Only he puts a real, wobbly plank on the floor in front of you. Apparently it's quite visceral! :-) G
Jan 2022
11:24pm, 25 Jan 2022
16,114 posts
  •  
JK *chameleon*
I love VR. But it's definitely not for everyone - my friend gets very dizzy using it.
Jan 2022
6:31am, 26 Jan 2022
29,640 posts
  •  
ElDuderino
I’ve been fine with it so far but only done the practice stuff you get with it and also Beat sabre. It more a rhythm game and not too bad for dizziness etc. I did try a roller coaster pov on the you tube app with it and did feel a little bit dizzy if I looked around whilst it was going - looking straight ahead was fine . Will probably get the climb game or that one with the plank to see how it goes.
Jan 2022
8:29am, 26 Jan 2022
16,117 posts
  •  
JK *chameleon*
Beat Saber is decent - although I stopped playing as I became disillusioned with the poor PSVR support and song choices. Synth Riders is my rhythm game of choice.

The killer apps for me have been Wipeout Fusion and No Mans Sky. Granted, you need a strong stomach for Wipeout.
Jan 2022
8:58am, 26 Jan 2022
29,657 posts
  •  
ElDuderino
Yep, i imagine wipeout would be quite mental :)
Jan 2022
1:13pm, 27 Jan 2022
797 posts
  •  
Perfect Organism
Dirt5, released on PS Plus last month, is a good arcadey racing game. Probably still time to download it.
Jan 2022
2:22pm, 27 Jan 2022
10 posts
  •  
Chris42
Just recently picked up a Quest 2 here also, loving Beat saber, Star wars Tales and Moss. Been a gamer since Pong etc in the early days, original Asteroids was the one that used to take ALL my pocket money! I have an Xbox one and a Raspberry Pi4 with retro games installed (about 3000), But since I got the Quest 2...... OK the kids got the quest 2..... The xbox is just a media player haha.
Jan 2022
3:12pm, 27 Jan 2022
41,211 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Hi Chris, welcome - our local chip shop at school had asteroids. I loved it. And by 17 in the pub, tabletop space invaders, remember those?

I'm so cheap - on Steam I just keep downloading the old game re-release for £1.99! :-) G

About This Thread

Maintained by HappyG(rrr)
If you're buying games (or anything) on Amazon, please use our Amazon link:

amazon.co.uk

As an Amazon Associate Fetcheveryone.com earns from qualifying purchases!