Any Board Games Fans?

47 watchers
Jan 2021
12:51pm, 30 Jan 2021
5,584 posts
  •  
MisterTea
MissTea#3 always requests Game of Life or Monopoly. She rarely gets her way!
Jan 2021
4:57pm, 30 Jan 2021
712 posts
  •  
Perfect Organism
Just about to have a solo game of Marvel Champions.

Captain Marvel V Green Goblin I think.
Jan 2021
10:42pm, 30 Jan 2021
13,416 posts
  •  
JK *chameleon*
Monopoly really has to be the worst game ever made. And yet it's the one people gravitate towards. Such a shame that people are missing out on genuinely fun, balanced, (and timed) games!
Jan 2021
10:53pm, 30 Jan 2021
6,466 posts
  •  
Dooogs
Monopoly and Risk are two good examples of games that are waaaaay too slow as trad board games, but work much better on a computer, with all the mechanics sped up...
Jan 2021
11:06pm, 30 Jan 2021
11,904 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
Yes, we'll play monopoly (occasionally) on the wii but never as the board game.
Jan 2021
11:59pm, 30 Jan 2021
20,507 posts
  •  
Carpathius
Mr Carp loves Risk. I find it very boring.

We played Catan tonight though, with the fish extension, because it's a 3+ player game and we're taking T1 back to uni tomorrow.
Feb 2021
3:35pm, 10 Feb 2021
728 posts
  •  
Perfect Organism
Myself and a few friends have been "meeting" online most Wednesdays to play board game adaptations which are available on Steam. We've mainly been playing Wingspan, Scythe, and most recently, Root. They're all quite reasonably priced and are great adaptations of the board games. It also means you can get some solo games in against decent AI.
Feb 2021
3:50pm, 10 Feb 2021
729 posts
  •  
Perfect Organism
Also, the "Humble Bundle" website currently has a good deal on digital board games. I think you Ticket to Ride and all the expansions, Pandemic, Lord of the Rings Card Game, Blood Rage, and Terraforming Mars for about £7.

humblebundle.com
Feb 2021
5:18pm, 10 Feb 2021
38,959 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
I'm a bit hooked on the online implementation of Carcassonne at the moment. The AI players are more aggressive than my usual real-life opponents and there is a lot of trying to creep into the other player's city going on!
May 2021
5:02pm, 4 May 2021
14,190 posts
  •  
larkim
Formula One yesterday preceded by Munchkin for a wet bank holiday Monday.

We keep trying Munchkin and end up frustrated. The rules are written in a really friendly, fun way, but I'm always left with the feeling that we're missing "something" key about the terms used which means we keep coming up with scenarios that we'd not thought through. Perhaps we're just not sufficiently experienced.

Saw this on the BBC; I've known this game as Mancala, and played it with both a two row setup and a four row setup. Similar to dominoes or backgammon, the sort of game you can sit outside a coffee and play without stress and while the time away whilst chatting too.

bbc.co.uk

About This Thread

Maintained by MisterTea
Any other board games fans out there on Fetch? Any recommendations for some great games?