Any Board Games Fans?

47 watchers
Aug 2020
3:22pm, 24 Aug 2020
279 posts
  •  
ftrobbie
Re Villainous it's a beautifully crafted game and great from a thematic persepctive. The assymetric objectives are really well thought out in line with the characters. However we played the 4 player game and I thought it was slow. Very little real interaction, a lot of moving from here to here and back again and slow. Did I mention slow? It worked out at c20-25 minutes per player, it is a round based game so you can pretty much estimate the duration based on the number of players you have. So 6 players could have 1 6 player match or 2 3 player matches, so it depends on what your objective for the game session is. If it's social interaction, I'd still go Flamme Rouge, everyone has someting to almost every minute of the session. YMMV

We will use this as a session design next week, we could have 8 playing so may need an expansion or 2!!

2 Player 3 Player
2 Players 1 -
3 Players - 1
4 Players 2 -
5 Players 1 1
6 Players - 2
7 Players 2 1
8 Players 1 2
9 Players - 3
etc
Aug 2020
4:36pm, 24 Aug 2020
36 posts
  •  
compartmental
Looking for some recommendations that can go down to 2 player - preferably cooperative if there are any good ones out there. We enjoy Forbidden Desert & Island as it goes
Aug 2020
4:55pm, 24 Aug 2020
280 posts
  •  
ftrobbie
Pandemic works, done by the same designer as FD and FI (Matt Leacock). I enjoy Pandemic but never got on with FI. Flamme Rouge with Peloton works as a 2 player but it's not co-op.
Aug 2020
5:02pm, 24 Aug 2020
19,393 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
I agree with your critique of Villainous. We enjoy playing it with the kids (aged 12 and 15) at the moment but I’m not sure how long it will remain popular. It’s fun but a bit slow, as you say.
Aug 2020
5:05pm, 24 Aug 2020
36,002 posts
  •  
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
Second vote for Pandemic here as a good co-op.
Aug 2020
9:01pm, 24 Aug 2020
19,835 posts
  •  
Carpathius
Another vote for Pandemic, but it is better with more players.
Aug 2020
10:49am, 26 Aug 2020
101 posts
  •  
Stander
I moved house recently and I noticed one of the removal men left a game on my living room floor.
He said " Sorry but I'm fighting a board game addiction and I've been in recovery for 5 years."
I said, "Well just put this world domination strategy game in the van and we're done"
He said " No, I just can't take the Risk"
Aug 2020
10:55am, 26 Aug 2020
19,404 posts
  •  
Angus Clydesdale
Oh dear....
Sep 2020
3:35pm, 14 Sep 2020
104 posts
  •  
Stander
Well proud of my lad yesterday.

I was supposed to be playing a three player game of 1830 yesterday but one guy pulled out at 7:30 am (childcare issues). This game can't be played with just two.

My lad stepped in. He is 15 and autistic (but high functioning). He wasn’t initially scheduled to play as I wasn’t certain he could sit and concentrate for (in the end, nearly six hours with lunch break). The plan originally was to have him sit in on the rules explanation bit (the guy that pulled out has never played this before) and maybe watch some of the game.

Not only was he able to pick up the rules, he acquitted himself very well.

Mike (3rd 18XX game ever and guess who got gifted an empty worthless company when we were at the diesel stage?) 7,074

Jude (15 year old autistic first time player) 11,526

Me (old lag, played for years) 12,520
Sep 2020
9:23am, 18 Sep 2020
699 posts
  •  
Perfect Organism
Wingspan is available to purchase for PC/Mac now which is awesome news. Definitely one of my favourite games and the computer version looks super relaxing with a chilled soundtrack and actual bird sounds :)

About This Thread

Maintained by MisterTea
Any other board games fans out there on Fetch? Any recommendations for some great games?