Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Any Board Games Fans

• fun
  • games
  • hobbies
37 watchers
1 Jan
6:56pm, 1 Jan 2021
21422 posts
Meglet
I like Carcassone, it’s got the right amount of luck and tactics to make it interesting and relatively level for new or younger players. Don’t have any expansions apart from the Abbot which it came with, but we don’t often play that or the farmers.
12 Jan
10:07am, 12 Jan 2021
20440 posts
Carpathius
Sammy, I haven't tried it and don't drink but have been reliably informed by Elder Offspring that any game can be a good drinking game ;)

We like the traders and builders expansion for Carcassonne.

The present I ordered Mr Carp for Christmas didn't arrive in time so I panic-bought him Terraforming Mars with next day delivery.

Played it with him and Elder Offspring and we liked it a lot.

We tried Pandemic over Zoom on Sunday. Not the same but it was OK.
12 Jan
10:10am, 12 Jan 2021
21651 posts
Angus Clydesdale
We like TtR very much. Going onto the firm favourite list.
12 Jan
10:13am, 12 Jan 2021
20441 posts
Carpathius
For another short game, Love Letter is really good, and very portable.
12 Jan
10:40am, 12 Jan 2021
354 posts
Snail
Played "The Crew" quite a bit since Christmas. Very easy to pick up, play short game and put down. Also easy to do this with different memmbers of the family depending on our availabilities ie rather than waiting for all to be available at same time - so that we have a record of our highest level reach with each family combination that have played
12 Jan
10:46am, 12 Jan 2021
38464 posts
♪♫ Synge ♪♫
I bought The Crew to break open at Christmas, but we got so hooked on Splendor that we didn't even open it! Thanks for the reminder!
12 Jan
11:13am, 12 Jan 2021
21652 posts
Angus Clydesdale
My lad was given 221b Baker Street as a gift at Christmas. It’s based on (and reminiscent of) Cluedo but there’s a different mystery to solve each game and the stories are much better. You still need to discover clues and use elimination techniques, but we found it more engaging. And we like Cluedo.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

Close