Any advice on which pair of shoes to buy?

1 watcher
Apr 2012
4:39pm, 13 Apr 2012
77 posts
  •  
Claireruns
I am looking at buying a new pair of running shoes and i was wondering if anyone has any recommendations. I'm an under pronator (supinator) so need to bear that in mind.
Apr 2012
4:42pm, 13 Apr 2012
13,863 posts
  •  
Stumpy
what are you running in currently? what problems have they given you? (ie why do you want to change rather than just replace what you have)
Apr 2012
4:47pm, 13 Apr 2012
79 posts
  •  
Claireruns
i'm running in asics gt-2140 at the moment. They need replacing i've had them quite a while. I've only just started running again after an injury and i feel like they don't provide enough support especially for the way i run as my ankle tend to roll out rather than in.
Apr 2012
4:48pm, 13 Apr 2012
13,864 posts
  •  
Stumpy
if you are having problems, might be best to go see someone in a running shop for advice.

and re ankles rolling out, maybe some strengthening exercises for that.... (sorry, I am not a shoe expert. had hoped one might come along.....)
Apr 2012
4:58pm, 13 Apr 2012
2,324 posts
  •  
Lalli
My advice would be the same as Stumpy's. Got to a running shop for advice. Supinators (my husband is a massive supinator) should wear neutral/cushioned shoes, to allow for the movement in your ankles as they twist outward and give decent shock absorbtion that's lost with the fall of your foot.
My OH gets on well with Nike and Brooks shoes best. Good luck!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Claireruns
I am looking at buying a new pair of running shoes and i was wondering if anyone has any recommendat...