BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Any advice for a telephone interview?

2 watchers
XB
Feb 2016
5:11pm, 17 Feb 2016
3276 posts
XB
Can I uncross my fingers yet?
Feb 2016
5:40pm, 17 Feb 2016
9515 posts
Liliaicha
Thanks for all the advice everyone! Much appreciated :)

It was still pretty terrifying though, mainly because it would be a complete career change for me and I had to explain how I could transfer my skills across to that job.

Seems I got the interview purely on the strength of my covering letter and the fact that I'm an ultra runner (for now :( )

He seemed impressed and wants to organise a face to face interview - unfortunately I can't make the ones he is doing on Friday, but at least I've given myself a chance.

The job sounds really interesting, but you know what, if I don't get it I won't be upset because if they don't think that I'm the right fit for the job then that's ok. It's not like I think I'm 'perfect' for the job, and if they don't give it to me then they're crazy, it'll just be that any skills I might have may not be transferable - and I've promised myself a trip to Spain to study Spanish if don't get it :-p
Feb 2016
7:25pm, 17 Feb 2016
22765 posts
Night-owl
Sorry i missd this and couldn't wish you luck hope it all goes well. and for the next interview whenever it is
Feb 2016
7:43pm, 17 Feb 2016
9516 posts
Liliaicha
Proper interview on Saturday, they have already been in touch to confirm:)
Feb 2016
7:46pm, 17 Feb 2016
22769 posts
Night-owl
Oh good

W'll be all behind you. Sounds great
Feb 2016
9:35pm, 17 Feb 2016
3146 posts
Metro_Nome
Well done and good luck for Saturday!

(Ps. You are an ultra runner and always will be, what happens in the next 6 months won't change your running history X)
Feb 2016
9:43pm, 17 Feb 2016
8002 posts
Autumnleaves
Good luck for Saturday luck
Feb 2016
10:04pm, 17 Feb 2016
5142 posts
BaronessBL
They wouldn't be asking you in - especially on a Saturday - if they thought you were just making up the numbers... good luck

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Liliaicha
Interview arranged for 4.30 this afternoon! Any advice or tips for this kind of interview?

Many t...