Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Antibiotics and running

1 watcher
Aug 2018
7:20pm, 3 Aug 2018
1508 posts
Lesley C
I have been given a course of flucloxacillin for a skin infection. I was wondering, after hearing that you shouldn’t do intense excercise while on antibiotics, whether or not it will be ok to train normally? It’s a 7 day course, 500mg, 4x a day. I only heard about this after going to the docs so didn’t ask.
Aug 2018
8:03pm, 3 Aug 2018
38790 posts
Velociraptor
Depends how bad the skin infection is. The antibiotics themselves shouldn't cause a problem with running unless they make you sick/squitty.
Aug 2018
8:49pm, 3 Aug 2018
1509 posts
Lesley C
Thanks V’rap, it’s not too bad, just wasn’t sure about the tablets. Hoping I don’t have any of the unwanted side effects.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Lesley C
I have been given a course of flucloxacillin for a skin infection. I was wondering, after hearing t...