Another recommend me some shoes thread...

1 watcher
Apr 2012
4:39pm, 30 Apr 2012
1,134 posts
  •  
Fusionsplice
Can anyone recommend me some light-ish shoes with some pronation support?

Ta muchly.
Apr 2012
8:15pm, 30 Apr 2012
12,648 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Saucony Fastwitch- though I find the new ones a bit rubbish
Brooks Racer ST good shoe, but fugly.
May 2012
12:39pm, 1 May 2012
1,135 posts
  •  
Fusionsplice
Not sure if I'll be able to run in them though?
May 2012
1:06pm, 1 May 2012
12,654 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
Of course you will. Just dont try to do too much too quickly. I slowly transitioned to lightweight shoes and have never looked back, but it takes a little time as your feet are used to the padding.
May 2012
9:29pm, 1 May 2012
1,137 posts
  •  
Fusionsplice
What did you run in before?

How long was the transition and what did you do?

What do you run in now?

I am sure I don't really need kayanos, but somehow feel i need them?
May 2012
10:38am, 3 May 2012
2,988 posts
  •  
Tav H
I found that I lost my need for pronation support as the soles on my shoes got thinner. Stands to reason (for me) that you will pronate more the higher your squidgy platforms are. Of course the soles of some lightweight shoes are still pretty thick. I'm OK in F-lite 230s though, which are thick compared to some minimal shoes.
May 2012
10:45am, 3 May 2012
196 posts
  •  
UltraPaulo
Tav H - I agree that you only need the support because you are used to it. I have just ordered some f-lite 230s. My usual shoes are f-lite 195s but have decided on the 230s this time to get them worn in for Lakeland 100 in July. I think I would be a bit too sore in 195s for that!

FusionPolice - I have always been happy with inov-8 shoes and have used them to move away from my previous more padded shoes. Worth a look, not for everyone as with and personal recommendation but you don't have to buy them ;)
May 2012
10:54am, 3 May 2012
12,707 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
I had Mizuno wave insoires and Asics Kayanos at first. Got Fastwitches to try, but only used them for short runs (6-8miles), but then started to find the Kayanos were hurting the ball of my foot on the longer runs, which wasnt a problem in the Fastwitches.
Slowly (over about two months) built the distance in the Fastwitches up until I was doing 20s in them.

They have changed the Fastwitches now, they are much harder and I cant get on with them. i use K-Swiss kwicky blade lights for long stuff and Mizuno Mushas for fast stuff, but I have done halves in the Mushas without any problems.

F-lite 230 for mixed road/trail stuff. Great shoes, but they do expose poor form. Not sure I am brave enough (or light enough) for the 195s!
May 2012
11:04am, 3 May 2012
825 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
I'm a fan of the F-Lite 195s - just bought my second pair. I can't imagine going back to cushioned shoes now. I also use the X-Talons for muddy conditions.
May 2012
11:51am, 3 May 2012
1,150 posts
  •  
Fusionsplice
I'm a little fat bloke though!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
Can anyone recommend me some light-ish shoes with some pronation support?

Ta muchly.