Ankle tendonitis

2 watchers
May 2011
7:29pm, 30 May 2011
642 posts
  •  
Incognito
I think I have this, I have no pain on running or walking but ankle is very swollen and I can pinpoint a bit on the bony bit on my ankle which is very very painful? If it is tendonitis is it okay to run ??
May 2011
7:32pm, 30 May 2011
47,176 posts
  •  
GregP
~lurks~
Jun 2011
2:20pm, 15 Jun 2011
648 posts
  •  
Incognito
Went to the dr about swollen ankle about 3 weeks ago who said she thought it was tendonitis, although she did not ask if I did any exercise, she gave me diflocenic, whihc I found made me feel quite sick and yuk. Stopped taking them and every since then my ankle has been very sore, have tried a few runs but find it swell on the outside and throbs on the inside. In the morning I take my dog out at 6 and I can almost feel the tendons twinging ? It was so sore today when I was driving that I almost had to stop ?

Any advice ? Am I best to see a physio or rest completely or ???

Thanks, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Jun 2011
2:26pm, 15 Jun 2011
12,773 posts
  •  
Stumpy
rest AND physio possibly.

certainly rest, if exercise is what makes it swell up, then it isn't going to heal unless you rest it. probably wise to ice the tendon regularly as well if it is swollen.

others who know their stuff better will probably be along in a bit with suggested diagnoses.....

if you squeeze the tendon between finger and thumb, does it hurt? or if you squeeze behind it? and when you prod and poke and examine it, in what ways does it feel different from the other ankle? (eg is it thickened, is it ridged? or is it just soft tissue swelling around the tendon)

also, how is the calf muscle on that leg? is that tight?
Jun 2011
2:27pm, 15 Jun 2011
12,774 posts
  •  
Stumpy
sorry, was assuming you were referring to achilles, but have reread original post again. first three paras still apply tho....
Jun 2011
2:28pm, 15 Jun 2011
649 posts
  •  
Incognito
Thanks Stumpy its around the malelous ? think thats the right word, I think feet transplants are the way forward ..............

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Cotty67
I think I have this, I have no pain on running or walking but ankle is very swollen and I can pinpoi...