Ankle pain!

2 watchers
Nov 2011
8:46pm, 20 Nov 2011
20 posts
  •  
darting
Hi, 2011 is my year for injuries although I think this one is self inflicted..... My ankle feels bruised after about 3 miles of moderate running I think it is because I have been trying to increase my pace and not thought about the stresses that brings. The pain is very localised just above the inner joint on my rhs and it comes on gradually during the run.

I have had a two weeks of cross training (swimming, eliptical training and excercise bike) trying to reduce any impact.

Has anyone else had this type of injury and I know it sounds daft but how long do I need to rest an ankle for?

Darting
Nov 2011
3:43pm, 22 Nov 2011
279 posts
  •  
Markj9035
I'm far from an expert but I had similar issues when I started to up my millage but mine was more lower shin than ankle. I asked around at races and on threads and bought myself some compression socks. Sorted the problem almost overnight. I did, however, slow my pace for a week or two to give myself a sort of rest period too.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
Hi, 2011 is my year for injuries although I think this one is self inflicted..... My ankle feels bru...