Anglesey Coastal Trail marathon

2 watchers
Jan 2014
7:55pm, 12 Jan 2014
91 posts
  •  
brer rabbit
Hiya there folks, doing this on Saturday and wondered if anyone could give the low down on terrain, organisation etc Cheers
Jan 2014
8:02pm, 12 Jan 2014
696 posts
  •  
GeeeM
The a endurqncelife one? Not doing it but have done loads of EL events including UTSW. They're pretty slickly organised, the trails are usually well marked with little red chevrons and 'x' markers on false trails.

Checkpoint refreshments are normally basic, water and biscuits. Though at Exmoor last year the marshals supplied home-made cakes/flapjacks at their checkpoints.

You'll have a 'dibber' to wear around your wrist that needs to be dibbed into a control box ant the start/finish and CPs.

IMHO, they're expensive events for what they are - but they know how to pick some cracking courses... Expect rocky, hilly trails, beach sections, sand etc... Have heard good things about the Anglesey one so weather permitting you should enjoy it :-)
Jan 2014
8:28pm, 12 Jan 2014
2,814 posts
  •  
Watford Wobble
We shall be there and running as a training event. See also this thread.

Looking forward to it. An area I've enjoyed running in this area previously.

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=55363
Jan 2014
7:28am, 13 Jan 2014
92 posts
  •  
brer rabbit
Hiya there, thanks for the advice. I agree about the cost but it seemed a bit different! Will be watching forecast very closely:) See you there Watford Wobble
Jan 2014
7:51am, 13 Jan 2014
2,819 posts
  •  
Watford Wobble
Make sure we meet up and say hello BR. You'll spot us we're the couple discussing and pointing where we go to at the back of the pack.
Jan 2014
12:24pm, 15 Jan 2014
2,833 posts
  •  
Watford Wobble
Weather is looking ideal for Saturday.
Jan 2014
8:29pm, 15 Jan 2014
93 posts
  •  
brer rabbit
Hey, WW-weather defo looking better. Packed rather a lot of kit just in case! Have you done this before? I have no OS map for the area so am relying on very good course markings. I would also like to know a bit more from organisers about what is being supplied at checkpoints otherwise I will be carrying half of Sainsburys around with me :)
Jan 2014
8:50pm, 15 Jan 2014
2,836 posts
  •  
Watford Wobble
Hi br, we’ve not ran this race at all so new to us. I’m told by another local runner that the course is well marked with tiger tape and markings. I’ve also downloaded the GPX course data into my Garmin although this is only a backup.

I only need a few gels and a 9bar during a marathon. We are not racing this but treating as a long run and take in some of the sights. It’ll be a giggle.

We are looking at between 5 to 5 hours 30 mins. as good time on feet.
Jan 2014
8:51pm, 15 Jan 2014
2,837 posts
  •  
Watford Wobble
We can't get lost br :-)

Maybe :-)
Jan 2014
10:06pm, 15 Jan 2014
94 posts
  •  
brer rabbit
I may tag on with you at that time target, I would like to have some body to trot with, if that is ok with you! I will fmail you tomorrow.
Cheers guys x

About This Thread

Maintained by brer rabbit
Hiya there folks, doing this on Saturday and wondered if anyone could give the low down on terrain, ...