Android Running GPS Apps

2 watchers
Feb 2013
9:43pm, 4 Feb 2013
6,150 posts
  •  
JamieKai *chameleon*
Evening all,

I've been relieved of my Garmin, and currently lack the funds to replace it. Can anyone recommend any of the Android running apps to work with my HTC Sensation? I have previously used (and been underwhelmed by) RunKeeper, although this was a year ago now.

Any suggestions gratefully received!
Feb 2013
9:48pm, 4 Feb 2013
50,246 posts
  •  
Gobi
Garmin Fit :¬)

Works well enough
Feb 2013
12:13am, 5 Feb 2013
6,151 posts
  •  
JamieKai *chameleon*
A recommendation from the Dark Lord? Duly downloaded, I'll try it out in tomorrows run...
Feb 2013
12:40am, 5 Feb 2013
3,601 posts
  •  
Kieren
I quite like strava it's free to a point. More advanced features require an annual subscription.

Most of the apps will let you download the GPX file from their site which you can use to import into Fetch easily.

strava does make it extremely difficult to stay to a pace though as it will pick out sections of you route that others have done and put you on a leader board. On my cycle commute there is a guy who hits 45kph uphill on his bike. I'm ranked over 200 for that section of my commute and really want to try a sprint to see how many places I can move up but my plan is for slow / steady.
Feb 2013
1:10am, 5 Feb 2013
6,156 posts
  •  
JamieKai *chameleon*
Hmm, I'll give Garmin Fit a go first - don't like the idea of being ranked as I would race and that's hardly good training...
Feb 2013
1:18am, 5 Feb 2013
3,602 posts
  •  
Kieren
agree - that's my problem with it.
Jan 2015
8:05pm, 17 Jan 2015
143 posts
  •  
milemonster
Is there a running app that u can use 4 an interval session which will notify u when to start the intervals and show u the pace?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by JamieKai *chameleon*
Evening all,

I've been relieved of my Garmin, and currently lack the funds to replace it. Can a...