Amsterdam Marathon 2012

12 watchers
Apr 2012
7:07pm, 24 Apr 2012
29 posts
  •  
runningdevon
Hi, I've just registered for the Amsterdam Marathon in October, can anyone recommend any hotels near the Olympic Stadium to stay in.

Thanks
Apr 2012
9:43am, 26 Apr 2012
22 posts
  •  
Demeer
I did it in 2007 and stayed here parkplaza.com which was about a ten minute walk to the stadium.

Might have changed a bit since then but you could order take aways from a big book they had behind the bar and eat it in the bar to save you having to walk anywhere after the run.
Apr 2012
9:45am, 26 Apr 2012
23 posts
  •  
Demeer
Sorry, the one near Vondelpark parkplaza.com
Apr 2012
10:02am, 26 Apr 2012
3,899 posts
  •  
RichHL
There's a bunch of C&Cers going over and we're staying here. booking.com It's new, not expensive and you can book a room for four people if you are traveling in a group. One of our clubmates used to live in Amsterdam and he says it's a good location.
Apr 2012
10:58am, 26 Apr 2012
1,705 posts
  •  
ndellar
I stayed here last Oct: bilderberg.nl very nice, quiet area and about 10 mins walk from the Stadium.

A brilliant event, and a really nice course I thought. I had a great time.

A small word of caution, I did see some documentation to say that the trams would run on that Sunday up to about an hour before the start, so I thought I'd hop on one on the Sunday morning to save my legs. They weren't running in my area! Luckily because of where I was it wasn't a problem, but consider how you would get to the start etc without the tram system...
May 2012
1:05pm, 4 May 2012
First-time poster!!
  •  
vwbeetle
I was staggered at the cost of parkplaza. I ended up booking an apartment through airbnb (never used before but much better value than the hotels). Managed to get a large apartment for about 84 euros/night just off the Vondelpark. You can go for your a whole apartment or just take a room in someone`s house. The apartments are all over the place (incl some fairly near the Olympic Stadium).
May 2012
1:21pm, 4 May 2012
2 posts
  •  
yramrag
Depending to what extent you're making a weekend out of it you could consider Citizen M for a quicker in & out. Either Schiphol airport or the one near Station Amsterdam Zuid are good from about 75 a night. Trains Schiphol - Amsterdam Zuid are under 10mins, regular & cheap. From Amsterdam Zuid its about 2 metro stops to the Olympic Stadium and then you have a 500m stroll to the start venue (and registratrion/expo).
May 2012
1:26pm, 4 May 2012
3 posts
  •  
yramrag
Sorry one metro stop even and you could also consider a light jog from there to warm up :-)
May 2012
10:21pm, 5 May 2012
6,355 posts
  •  
Son of a Pronator Man
I got a metro thingy to the start in 2010. It was very busy with runners and about a 5 minute walk to the stadium.
Jun 2012
11:14pm, 3 Jun 2012
3,881 posts
  •  
Debstir
Thinking about this one for this year so will be keeping an eye on this thread...

About This Thread

Maintained by runningdevon
Hi, I've just registered for the Amsterdam Marathon in October, can anyone recommend any hotels nea...