Alternatives to Garmin

4 watchers
Jun 2014
11:26am, 27 Jun 2014
824 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Tony, what's the battery life when in GPS mode ? I take it when you say weeks above that is in non-GPS mode.
Jun 2014
12:39pm, 27 Jun 2014
173 posts
  •  
Tonybv9
Yes, weeks as a watch. GPS is reckoned to be 9 hours IIRC. I can believe that, after checking the battery life following a long bike ride.
Jun 2014
2:35pm, 28 Jun 2014
11,886 posts
  •  
McGoohan
These Aldi offers - can you only get them in store? No option to get them online?
Jun 2014
3:02pm, 28 Jun 2014
608 posts
  •  
panad
tony, saw these and wondered what they were like..can you program an interval session based on time/dist as you can on a garmin 305? At present mr panad and me share my 305, mostly it works fine, but there are times when I know he'd like his own data when we run together/in races where he misses the info from a watch..
Jun 2014
5:33pm, 28 Jun 2014
174 posts
  •  
Tonybv9
I don't know about buying from Aldi online - maybe you can reserve and collect.
Panad: I don't know if you can programme a session beforehand; I've never tried. I suspect not, although you can upload routes to the watch. I reckon it's best for simply logging the data as you run. It doesn't have the features of a 305, but then it's half the price. SherryB has the Garmin 410, and has never used most of the features on it.

Here's the link to the seemingly identical product that I have, for the spec:
amazon.co.uk
Jun 2014
6:33pm, 28 Jun 2014
609 posts
  •  
panad
cheers for that Tony
Jun 2014
5:55pm, 29 Jun 2014
1,145 posts
  •  
philbo
Garmin rock , used a 305 for about 5 years now , never used the Garmin site to upload any data, i just plug it in to my pc and upload it straight to Fetch no dramas , gone in 60sec ;-)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by McGoohan
Owing to my hatred of all things Garmin (I was a big fan until 2 days ago when I bought a 310XT whic...