Alternative to Adizero Boston

2 watchers
Jul 2013
11:35am, 4 Jul 2013
584 posts
  •  
old mum
I've been running in Bostons for several years now, through all the new styles - the pink, not red ones, black, orange and now on to the newer blue model but I'm finding they're chewing my feet. They feel narrower than the previous models and on every run they skin the tops of my feet (feels like the stitching across the arch of the shoe is rubbing) and the insole is catching and blistering the underside of my big toes. With older models becoming increasingly difficult to find, and this new style obviously not suiting my wide hobbit feet, I was wondering if anyone else had moved from Adizero to another shoe, or if anyone can think of a decent alternative to test out?
Jul 2013
1:59pm, 4 Jul 2013
3,698 posts
  •  
paul the builder
All adidas seem to size small, and seem particularly tight on width. I have fairly narrow feet, and only with Adidas trainers do I have the lacing really wide open across the top of the shoe.

Shoes are very personal. I think the Nike Lunar range might be a similar shoe in principle, but I didn't like them. Haven't tried the Brooks Pure range, but they might be in the same area.
Jul 2013
2:42pm, 4 Jul 2013
16,525 posts
  •  
JohnnyO
I very much like my Brooks Pure Connect. They are narrow, and i go a half size up.
Have never worn Adidas of any sort, but I am told they always size small anyway, so you may not need to change size.

Not sure how the Brooks compare to Bostons. The connects are flat, light and very flexible. I also like the rounded edges to the outsole.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I've been running in Bostons for several years now, through all the new styles - the pink, not red ...