BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Allonby Advice

2 watchers
22 Jun
6:21am, 22 Jun 2021
4665 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
We are staying in Allonby, Cumbria for a week from this Friday - any recommendations for walks, running routes, good ice cream and gluten free cake/food? Runs need to be predominantly flat as my knees object otherwise but walks can be a bit more challenging - circular routes or lollipops preferred.

Thanks.
22 Jun
9:56am, 22 Jun 2021
26230 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Might be worth popping this question in our Lake District thread: fetcheveryone.com/forum/fe-lake-district-lovers-59959/
22 Jun
10:02am, 22 Jun 2021
1200 posts
  •  
RooA
The Codfather for fish and chips. 👍
22 Jun
12:31pm, 22 Jun 2021
2765 posts
  •  
Snoot
Latest stretch of the coastal path from Allonby going south to Whitehaven has just opened up and is pretty much flat, about 500ft climb over the whole 21 or so miles, you don't get to the first 'hill' until Workington.

Nice 5k route around Watchtree Nature Reserve watchtree.co.uk which is an old airfield so nice and flat too.

Agree with Fetch, posting on the Lake District thread for other ideas
22 Jun
1:38pm, 22 Jun 2021
4666 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
Do they do gf RooA?

Thanks Snoot.
22 Jun
9:22pm, 22 Jun 2021
1202 posts
  •  
RooA
Sorry LMH, I don't know. My brain just went Allonby... ooo Codfather! Which I appreciate isn't all that helpful!!
23 Jun
6:23am, 23 Jun 2021
4674 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
No worries Roo A - my husband will thank you for the recommendation.

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by Little Miss Happy
We are staying in Allonby, Cumbria for a week from this Friday - any recommendations for walks, runn...