All time leaderboards?

2 watchers
Nov 2016
1:04pm, 15 Nov 2016
1,274 posts
  •  
larkim
Can someone explain what the various boxes mean on the all time leaderboards that I've just spotted (e.g. for my local parkrun http://www.fetcheveryone.com/race-leaderboard.php?id=324841)

I sort of understand the league table itself (though it is missing faster entries from myself, though I presume this is just because not all of the Delamere parkrun events are grouped together properly in the backend), but I don't quite follow what the various boxes on the left hand side (when viewed in a PC browser) are showing? I think there's Male and Female (top and bottom), but there seem to be multiple entries / categories which don't have a name?

Or is it just me (most likely!)
Nov 2016
1:12pm, 15 Nov 2016
1,362 posts
  •  
westmoors
The main list on the left is everyone who has done that event with their fastest time, the category they competed in and the year they achieved that time. The boxes on the left are the fastest male and female for each running of the event. The gold and silver trophies indicate PBs and SBs.
Nov 2016
1:18pm, 15 Nov 2016
1,275 posts
  •  
larkim
aha, the penny drops!! So rather than being an annual "fastest" the design of the page sort of assumes a race will only be run once per year, so you'd end up with 1 entry for 2016, 1 for 2015 etc. That logic doesn't work for parkrun, so if there were fetchies logging attendance weekly at a particular parkrun which had been going for 5 years there'd be 260 lines on the right hand side!
Nov 2016
1:33pm, 15 Nov 2016
1,363 posts
  •  
westmoors
You've hit the nail on the head!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
Can someone explain what the various boxes mean on the all time leaderboards that I've just spotted...