Alice Holt parkrun

4 watchers
Nov 2012
7:44pm, 19 Nov 2012
698 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
Have fun! Cheeky little course.

PS saw you out running in the rain this evening!
Nov 2012
7:49pm, 19 Nov 2012
1,265 posts
  •  
Curly45
I did see one issue, one of the front runners got very confused about the finish because of the one lap finish. Think they should get rid of that to be honest as its not parkrun anyway and you cant have time from it and it is confusing for faster runners!
Nov 2012
8:50pm, 19 Nov 2012
2,425 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
The weather was not kind tonight :-(

When I did the practice run, the organisers were saying the two finishes would be kept very seperate, with signage to prevent confusion. I assume it didn't quite work then?
Nov 2012
8:57pm, 19 Nov 2012
1,266 posts
  •  
Curly45
No - I was tail running, but as we were coming through the lap a lead runner got confused and had to run back to the actual finish - he didnt seem too impressed...I'm pretty sure he was local to the run too so should know the forest. I think its partly because the turn into the finish is quite sharp right hand turn whereas the one lap is much smoother and a more obvious place to have the finish imo...
Nov 2012
8:59pm, 19 Nov 2012
2,426 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Yeah, they were saying they had a few options when planning and had decided this was the best one. Maybe they'll get the feedback and adapt accordingly.
Nov 2012
9:50am, 20 Nov 2012
704 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
The one lap separate finish seems to be a hangover from the Frimley course - which is the only other place I've seen that has a separate finish. I wonder why they do it? Most places seem to say 'just don't go through the finish funnel' - it isn't as though you need to record anything for a one lap finish!
Nov 2012
9:52am, 20 Nov 2012
705 posts
  •  
Mrsbridgewater
PS will feedback to the event director as I don't think he is on there!

PPS - did you listen to the parkrun show yet? My middle child is a very happy boy now!
Nov 2012
5:05pm, 20 Nov 2012
2,429 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Just listening now, nice shout out :-)

I haven't listened to that podcast before, normally just Marathon Talk. Is the lady on the pr show from here?
Nov 2012
5:10pm, 20 Nov 2012
1,275 posts
  •  
Curly45
Nicola - I dont think she is on fetch to my knowledge! Havent listened to it this week, I was on it briefly a few weeks ago which was embarrassing!

Thanks for feeding back Mrs B :) I am a tourist so perhaps they can refine with the locals help for future runs.
Nov 2012
9:27am, 23 Nov 2012
2,458 posts
  •  
HermanBloom
Anyone else for tomorrow? Sounds like it's going to be nice and muddy.

About This Thread

Maintained by Mrsbridgewater
Alice Holt parkrun will start on 17th November! Alice Holt Forest is between Alton and Farnham, mor...