Alco free beers

43 watchers
May 2021
11:43am, 23 May 2021
170 posts
  •  
Chramies
Free Damm is excellent. I had Ghost Ship 0,5% the other evening, and had an eczema flareup afterwards - could be the malt? I haven't heard of AF beers provoking this condition but alcohol apparently does.
May 2021
6:32am, 25 May 2021
315 posts
  •  
ftrobbie
Where I have got to on the low alcohol/ alcohol free beers. No convinced about Free Damm and still prefer Ghost ship to M&S Southworld, both brewed by Adnams but the M&S had a very slightly displeasing aftertaste.

May 2021
6:35am, 25 May 2021
316 posts
  •  
ftrobbie

A clearer image
May 2021
6:52am, 25 May 2021
14,502 posts
  •  
larkim
I realised last night how many calories are in my current favourite, Leffe 0% - nearly as much as glass of Coke!!

100 kcals in a 250ml bottle of Leffe 0%, Coke 139 kcals in a 330ml can.
May 2021
7:00am, 25 May 2021
317 posts
  •  
ftrobbie
Still less than the alcohol version though. I do need to try Leffe 0%, thanks for the reminder.

That's the bit I didnt get with FreeDamm, as many calories in 330ml as 500ml of M&S Southwold IPA.
May 2021
7:38am, 25 May 2021
1,517 posts
  •  
Weean
Not a fan of the Leffe Blond here, although it's fine with suitably spicy food. I do need to expand my horizons, though - I've tried far too few.
May 2021
8:35am, 25 May 2021
52,593 posts
  •  
DrPhleecingD
ftrobbie: you need to order a case from drydrinker, you could expand your spreadsheet considerably!
I like the Big Drop beers a lot, a few weirdos in there but generally pretty drinkable
May 2021
9:47am, 25 May 2021
7,869 posts
  •  
sallykate
Beer has a decent amount of carbohydrate as well as alcohol, so even AF beer can have a fair few calories. They seem to vary a lot; I was surprised that Brewdog Lost AF is 135 per can, but Punk AF is more like 50.
May 2021
10:18am, 25 May 2021
47,229 posts
  •  
LindsD
Great spreadsheet!
May 2021
11:37am, 25 May 2021
318 posts
  •  
ftrobbie
DrPhD, it's a great suggestion, however I just like being able to get stuff without delivery. I used to get Belgian beers delivered and always hated the experience. It's not the companies, it's the whole delivery process including cost. Chain supermarkets despite having a limited range win hands down on convenience and cost. Might have another go though

Sorry to disappoint everyone, I used a Powerpoint Table rather than Excel. I could have done it just as easily in Excel but the fact I wanted printed out on A4, meant that Powerpoint always gives me a real size view without using ALT CR to wrap in cells and continual resizing in print preview.

I nearly went with a scoring out of 5 or 10 but thought what do I want to know, Never touch it again, wouldn't turn it down, don't mind paying for it, would choose it if there is a choice. The reason there are 3 wheat beers is that they are all different, so it depends on what I want.

Thanks again for helping me retry low alco, low alco beers. My last attempt 3 years ago I was still very disappointing. Have fun

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
What's your favourite zero / low alcohol beer, now there's loads for sale?

Which rank highly, and which are just rank? Offers, special deals, tasting notes, recommendations, all welcome!