Alco free beers

43 watchers
Nov 2020
9:31am, 20 Nov 2020
13,237 posts
  •  
NDWDave
I find that beers which I find a bit meh as the full fat version don’t lose too much as the alco free versions. Generic lagers seem quite drinkable as alco free

For ales I like at full strength can sometimes go a bit wonky...
Nov 2020
9:35am, 20 Nov 2020
51,364 posts
  •  
Dr PhFleecyD
I ordered a mixed case from dry drinker. Last German wheat beer I had from there was really good, forgot what it was called though. Big Drop Galactic Milk Stout was really nice too
Nov 2020
9:57am, 27 Nov 2020
51,441 posts
  •  
Dr PhFleecyD
I had an Estonian smoked Porter yesterday. Surely you can’t get more obscure!
It was actually delicious though and something very different from the same old same old. Really liked it (and if you’d offered me a smoked full fat beer I’d have told to to fuck right off)
Ollenaut is the brand. Took me ages to find the bit where it said it was Estonian, such a very strange language!
Nov 2020
9:59am, 27 Nov 2020
51,442 posts
  •  
Dr PhFleecyD
Also ordered a fake g and t. Duchess it’s called. Unlike the last one I bought (which was very nice) this one is DISGUSTING! Avoid! Annoyingly I bought 12 bottles of it so I’m drinking it very cold with half a lemon squeezed into it to disguise the taste. I think the only way to make it drinkable would be to add gin :)
Nov 2020
10:03am, 27 Nov 2020
13,311 posts
  •  
NDWDave
I’ve been enjoying the southwold M&S (Adnams). It seems a lot like a full fat beer and the best ale I’ve tried
Nov 2020
10:35am, 27 Nov 2020
7,195 posts
  •  
sallykate
Which was the nice fake g & t you had Fleecy?
Nov 2020
11:09am, 27 Nov 2020
51,443 posts
  •  
Dr PhFleecyD
Can’t remember! I bought it from drydrinker though
Dec 2020
8:47am, 2 Dec 2020
36,678 posts
  •  
Merry Christmas and Happy NewG(rrr)
Hi, a wee bounce for Little Miss Happy who was looking for Alco Free Lagers specifically to give as a gift.

LMH, Dry Drinker do a mixed case so you can choose literally 12 or 24 completely different alco free lagers or light beers. Doesn't matter if some of them are "not quite his type" because half the fun is trying different styles, but knowing that you can do it guilt free! And finding your fave that you can rely on for the future.

LMH, did you get there with the drydrinker link that WA posted in TBOGUA thread?

Here's the link for the 12 - each one says on it "Lager", "Ales" etc. so you can select just the ones that say lager, pilsner or just beer. I also think pale ales suit some lager drinkers, but there are enough without you needing to stray into that.

drydrinker.com

Jupiler, all the German ones - Furstenberg, Krombacher, the Belgian ones, American, like Brooklyn actually, no shortage of choice. :-) G
Dec 2020
9:18am, 2 Dec 2020
3,912 posts
  •  
Little Miss Happy
That's ace - thank you Happy. Is a Pilsner lager?
Dec 2020
9:30am, 2 Dec 2020
36,682 posts
  •  
Merry Christmas and Happy NewG(rrr)
Yes indeed (waits for other beer aficionados to answer) I think it's actually the definition of lager - Pilsner lager ? A place in Germany? Need to google that! :-) G

About This Thread

Maintained by larkim
What's your favourite zero / low alcohol beer, now there's loads for sale?

Which rank highly, and which are just rank? Offers, special deals, tasting notes, recommendations, all welcome!