AGMs - who turns up?

2 watchers
Nov 2018
7:20pm, 30 Nov 2018
24,675 posts
  •  
DingDongMerrilyDaisy
We get roughly 25% of our membership. (About 100 attendees.) As secretary I keep an eye on the numbers because if we have any changes to the constitution it has to be approved by two-thirds of the people attending.

We have a guest speaker and they are the attraction, really, and we don't get to their bit until the 'business' has been concluded, so it encourages everyone to get through that part quickly ;-) We do get the occasional query/suggestion, but I can't recall a serious challenge of any sort in the ten years I've been involved.
Dec 2018
5:55pm, 6 Dec 2018
86 posts
  •  
Groundhog
We get about 60 people turn up out of a membership of 400. But out of that 400, I would say 80-100 are active members that you see on a regular basis or are active on the club facebook page. 60-80% of the "active" members isn't too bad, but we might get a bit stuck if we had to change something in the constitution.
Dec 2018
5:56pm, 6 Dec 2018
87 posts
  •  
Groundhog
PS, I turn up. Current chairman and former club secretary.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Old Croc
Okay - following on from today's blog.

we have our club AGM tonight. I am a little nervous a...