AGMs - who turns up?
7:20pm, 30 Nov 2018
DingDongMerrilyDaisyWe get roughly 25% of our membership. (About 100 attendees.) As secretary I keep an eye on the numbers because if we have any changes to the constitution it has to be approved by two-thirds of the people attending.
We have a guest speaker and they are the attraction, really, and we don't get to their bit until the 'business' has been concluded, so it encourages everyone to get through that part quickly We do get the occasional query/suggestion, but I can't recall a serious challenge of any sort in the ten years I've been involved.
5:55pm, 6 Dec 2018
GroundhogWe get about 60 people turn up out of a membership of 400. But out of that 400, I would say 80-100 are active members that you see on a regular basis or are active on the club facebook page. 60-80% of the "active" members isn't too bad, but we might get a bit stuck if we had to change something in the constitution.
5:56pm, 6 Dec 2018
GroundhogPS, I turn up. Current chairman and former club secretary.
About This Thread
- Fetch Climbing Club Dec 2023
- London Marathon Club places Dec 2023
- Fetcheveryone Running Club (FERC) Dec 2023
- Attracting newbies to running clubs: your ideas please Oct 2023
- UK Athletics registration Aug 2023
- Club Captain and Vice Captains - ideas Sep 2022
- Clubs, constitutions, committees and legal obligations? :-) May 2022
- The benefits of joining a running/triathlon club. Apr 2022
- 1st/2nd claim clubs Oct 2021
- Running groups May 2021
Buy a Fetch buff
Order now for immediate dispatch!
Join us in 2024 for a part-virtual, part-gathering endurance event to celebrate 20 years of Fetcheveryone!
See all your training overlaid on one interactive map. A great way to remember everywhere you've been
Race Listings League
Which Fetchies have done the most to make our race listings as awesome as they are?