•  
SusiesueH
Speedy recovery Scribbler
Sep 2014
1:10pm, 10 Sep 2014
28,641 posts
  •  
Nellers
That's the second Radial Head Fracture I've heard of from a bike fall in a week! A chap at work did exactly the same thing but because we're all being blokey we told him to man up and stop moaning about the bruising. He went from the Friday when he did it through to the following wednesday before getting it X-Rayed.

He also played in goal in our office 5-a-side match on the Tuesday. Ouch!

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, Scribbler.
Sep 2014
1:25pm, 10 Sep 2014
3,264 posts
  •  
The Scribbler
Thanks everyone :-)

Typing left handed with arm in a temporary sling before a visit to the fracture clinic tomorrow.
Sep 2014
1:26pm, 10 Sep 2014
1,442 posts
  •  
PenW
Hope you fix fast xx
Sep 2014
2:54pm, 10 Sep 2014
5,932 posts
  •  
lammo
Great work from HB there
Sep 2014
3:07pm, 10 Sep 2014
525 posts
  •  
NRGEE
Really sorry about your arm fracture. You take it easy. Hope appt at fracture clinic goes ok. Are you getting a plaster cast? Take pain killers as and when required and lets hope you will be up and running in the not too distant future. ps thanks for your comment on my blog........
Sep 2014
3:43pm, 10 Sep 2014
9,020 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Wishing you a speedy recovery. I had a radial head fracture after a bike crash three years ago. It was most inconveniencing. You'll probably need some physio. The good news is that despite some initially gloomy prognostications, the arm is back to 99% recovered. I even got a couple of blogs out of it ;-) http://www.fetcheveryone.com/blog-view.php?id=5988&y=2011&m=6 and the next one.

(Just shows how lazy I am that I only got the two muppet.)
Sep 2014
3:55pm, 10 Sep 2014
3,265 posts
  •  
The Scribbler
Fantastic work from HB and PenW this morning. but that's what I expect from Fetch.
Thanks for the blog links Dvorak. I have a feeling I'll be doing a lot of reading in the next couple of weeks as a nice safe pastime.
my social media involvement may drop too, as typing with my non dominant hand is slow!
hope I can still blog though.
Sep 2014
12:59pm, 11 Sep 2014
3,266 posts
  •  
The Scribbler
Update from the fracture clinic this morning ad there's no fracture :-)

There was a query dark mark on one X-ray but it doesn't show on the other views. So I've been refereed for physio and given some exercises to do in the meantime to get the range of movement back. Also encouraged to keep it moving.

I've lost some range of movement - can't fully straighten or flex my right arm to my right shoulder, but even in just one day, it's improved. I've managed the pain on ibuprofen today and am developing a nice line in bruising.

So, although I won't be rushing back into training for a couple of weeks, I think I can say that The Scribbler got away with it again!
Sep 2014
8:11pm, 11 Sep 2014
1,444 posts
  •  
PenW
Good to hear it's not fractured :-) Hope all the exercises and physio gets you back to normal and glad it's improving!

Take care.

About This Thread

Maintained by TheScribbler
Last night I came off my bike. Bike's fine and I patched up my road rash. But as I fell, I put a lo...