Ads

2 watchers
Jan 2017
1:45pm, 27 Jan 2017
9,430 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
I paid an annual sub but still have ads. Is this right?
Jan 2017
1:47pm, 27 Jan 2017
18,143 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Hi Keefy,
I rebuilt the system to cope with the new standing order stuff that I've put together - and in theory you should have got an fmail if the system recognised you as a subscriber at that point. You can also check this by going to Profile > Settings and looking for Subscriber Options. If it's picked you up, you'll have the option to turn the ads off in there.

Cheers
Ian
Jan 2017
1:48pm, 27 Jan 2017
3,011 posts
  •  
longboat
You now have to your profile and turn them off again (option on the right I think)
Jan 2017
1:49pm, 27 Jan 2017
3,012 posts
  •  
longboat
As Fetch said :)
Jan 2017
1:54pm, 27 Jan 2017
12,969 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Do ads make enough to make it worthwhile for subscribers to turn them on every now and then? Is the money garnered mainly through display or clickthrough, if you can tell us that?

(If you can't tell us for commercial reasons, maybe someone with knowledge of the webads business could advise us in general terms.)
Jan 2017
1:55pm, 27 Jan 2017
9,431 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
Found it. I saw the message but was looking on mobile and the option leaped out less. On web I couldn't miss it.

Thanks god 100 ads for £2K acoustic guitars aren't following me around Fetch anymore. Was actually causing me pain!
Jan 2017
1:58pm, 27 Jan 2017
18,144 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Dvorak - lol at 'commercial reasons' :-) I'm still me :-)

It all helps. Some advertisers buy impressions, others buy clicks. I don't really get a say or any great insight into the mix.
Sep 2018
1:34pm, 24 Sep 2018
29,226 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
For those of us who still have ads (and here I'll do a quick ad for how to turn off ads - just go subscribe and Keep Fetch Free! fetcheveryone.com/invite.php ) should I be worried that I am seeing (because I know they're targeted) so many of:

Fat Lad At The Back - sports clothing for a certain type of gent
Health Insurance - for the nearly dead?
Those Special Lady Friends - ummm?
Equifax - dodgy credit?
BMW, ATS - so many car ads?

Could be worse I suppose. Could be adverts for races that I'm not training for! :-) G
Oct 2018
4:59pm, 22 Oct 2018
2,631 posts
  •  
Surrey Phil
I get ads which I can tolerate. However, if I 'Report Ad' and say 'ad was inappropriate, not interested, seen multiple times,' etc., the same ad seems to return within no time.
Oct 2018
9:38pm, 22 Oct 2018
5,099 posts
  •  
Dooogs
I've AdBlocker at home so they don't show up but at the salt mine (central government dept) where an adblocker isn't available, I seem to get a lot of Christian charity ads ("Following the path of Jesus", that sort of thing)...

About This Thread

Maintained by Keefy Beefy
I paid an annual sub but still have ads. Is this right?