Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Adjusting the default run type for Garmin imports

1 watcher
Apr 2018
8:06pm, 22 Apr 2018
14 posts
runningj
My current default running is labeled as "Running - General", but I'd like to change that to "Running - Easy" as a default. Is there a way to do this on the website?

Thanks for any assistance!
Apr 2018
8:22pm, 22 Apr 2018
9103 posts
Ness
Not sure it’s possible to change that. Perhaps Lord Fetch himself will confirm or deny this when he returns from Fetchpoint duties.
Apr 2018
8:47pm, 22 Apr 2018
2562 posts
K5 Gus
It defaults to the first chosen category on your category list - you can "choose/unchoose" categories, but you can't re-order them.

So you could "unchoose" all the categories in the list before "Running - Easy", and it would then default to "Running - Easy" since it was first in the list, but if you wanted to actually choose one of the options that appear in the list before it, eg "Running - General" you couldn't do that without going and editing the category list.

To edit the category list, from the Add Training screen, below the category drop-down box there is a "Edit your category list" field.

Hope that all made sense !
Apr 2018
9:03pm, 22 Apr 2018
9104 posts
Ness
Ooh thanks. I’d forgotten you could do that.
Apr 2018
10:59pm, 22 Apr 2018
2950 posts
decorum
I just edit the type after the fact ~ when I upload a Run Walk it arrives as Run-General. But then I often need to edit kit choice anyway, so an additional 'click scroll click' is no biggie :-)

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by runningj