adidas Springbade - Unleashes Explosive Energy

2 watchers
Jul 2013
1:48pm, 25 Jul 2013
3,508 posts
  •  
Tav H
Just think, if Spring Heeled Jack were around now (assuming he's not of course). He'd be like "Hey mofos, look at me, I am jumping over your house!", and then we'd be like "Yeah, so?".

Poor Jack.
Jul 2013
2:14pm, 25 Jul 2013
20,537 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
If you land on your heel (where those perfectly geometrically tuned energy return spring blades are thickest) you'll end up with broken ankles, hips and/or knees. Enjoy! :-)G
Jul 2013
2:15pm, 25 Jul 2013
20,538 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Sorry, that "Enjoy!" is to Adidas not to you K5Gus! :-)G
Jul 2013
2:16pm, 25 Jul 2013
20,539 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Have you seen the ones that are going to be made by a mattress company from Manchester with actual mattress sping pockets in them?! WTAF!? :-)G
Jul 2013
2:21pm, 25 Jul 2013
7,301 posts
  •  
Dvorak
If it works as they say, it should be banned from competition. Maybe it already is - I believe that the Laws of Association Football have provision to outlaw such apparel.

I am also concerned that despite being "precisely tuned in geometry, thickness and position", it some cases, eg a lighter runner on a steep downhill, the user may experience excessive boinginess and counteract gravity to a extent which may prove injurious or at the very least severely discombobulating.

I presume each pair will come with a watertight disclaimer. (Still, that's also handy for keeping your phone in.)

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by K5 Gus
Not content with the relatively new Boost, adidas are now releasing something else "revolutionary"...