Mar 2012
8:46pm, 7 Mar 2012
15,451 posts
  •  
Mr Mick & NOT so Little Phil
Hi funkyplates

wishing you well with this

go steady, take it easy, go out hydrated, dont miss any water points

They will i expect also offer sport drinks at drink points - IF you have never touched them, my advice is do NOT, theres plenty of tie to sample anything new afterwards - dont let anything new ruin your run and DNF

wear correct footwear and make sure any chaffing areas is lubricated

good luck and have fun
Mar 2012
8:47pm, 7 Mar 2012
15,452 posts
  •  
Mr Mick & NOT so Little Phil
dont worry about any dull scenery

just think how lucky you are to be able to do it- i dont be be lucky enough to take part in this race, i mean healthy enough to run
Mar 2012
8:20pm, 10 Mar 2012
235 posts
  •  
Avon
Good luck tomorrow everyone. If you see Batman (Stouty) and Robin (me) around then please say hi.
Mar 2012
7:25am, 11 Mar 2012
198 posts
  •  
rosab123
Just got to walk the dog then I'm on my way.

Hope to see some of you later - I'll wave at all the speedy Fetchies who'll I expect to see powering along in the oposite direction towards the finish whilst I'm still half way through :)

Best of luck everyone
J*C
Mar 2012
7:27am, 11 Mar 2012
78 posts
  •  
J*C
Good luck all running today:)
Mar 2012
8:08am, 11 Mar 2012
26,167 posts
  •  
Foxy Davy
good luck to all :)
Mar 2012
8:11am, 11 Mar 2012
5,591 posts
  •  
Bintmcskint
Good luck, chaps! :-)
Mar 2012
3:43pm, 11 Mar 2012
236 posts
  •  
Avon
Batman & Robin finished in 1.48 as planned. Pretty comfortable run but absolutely baking in the suits. We had great fun with the race, hi-fiving kids, posing for photos, mid-race tweeting and assisting a distressed runner with a mile to go. All in a days work for a SuperHero.

Stouty also spotted Bernie Ecclestone and ran back with a charity card, so let's hope for a little donation there.

Warm day, busy race, got out before the car park became a nightmare. Good fun overall.
Mar 2012
5:05pm, 11 Mar 2012
200 posts
  •  
rosab123
Well done Batman and Robin - my kids saw you and took some pictures - impressive running in suits in the sun!

Too hot for me, can't believe same time last week it was sleet and snow.

We got a bit stuck in the car park - until someone went out the wrong way over a curb and we all followed, would still be there otherwise!

Time for cake now, I'm knackered
Mar 2012
5:15pm, 11 Mar 2012
201 posts
  •  
rosab123
And I forgot to say - thankyou to whoever shouted "go Fetchie" just before mile 13 - you're the only reason I was still running across the finish line!

About This Thread

Maintained by run-forest-run
Hi, unsure if there is a discussion thread somewhere already for this one but if not here it is. Loo...