Adding Kit - Can You Include Miles Already Done ?

3 watchers
Apr 2013
3:42pm, 13 Apr 2013
76 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
I started using mapmyrun for logging training before I found Fetch, and have the history of all my shoes, and how many miles I've done in each pair.

I'd now rather use Fetch, it's much better, love all the graphs and stuff :-)

In Fetch I can add all my shoes to the Kit list, but I can't see a way of adding a "base" mileage, ie the miles they have already done. Is this possible ?

I'd like to not have to keep logging runs in both mapmyrun and Fetch, but want to be able to see shoe mileages at any time without having to go into both sites and adding the 2 numbers together.

Thanks
Apr 2013
3:44pm, 13 Apr 2013
903 posts
  •  
Fizz :-)
I think you used to be able to add base mileage, back when it was "all fields" and the only kit you could have was shoes, but not any more. You could put the base mileage in the kit description somewhere, maybe? Save you checking both sites every time.
Apr 2013
3:46pm, 13 Apr 2013
6,648 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Agree above - just tested it. Used to be a feature, (along with other kit stuff like seeing how many miles other people got from shoes)
but not now.
Apr 2013
3:50pm, 13 Apr 2013
6,649 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Maybe you could use a year you don't have training in and set up runs of eg 100 miles shoes 1, 200 miles shoes 2 etc.

Or if you don't feel like claiming to be an ultra runner :-p , put correct monthly totals for your historic runs (with appropriate kit) rather than every single run. Then you would have the correct distances on recorde at least (for training and kit) if not the detail.

I'd quite like to see the kit stuff back, actually. Not sure why it went.
Apr 2013
3:51pm, 13 Apr 2013
77 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Cheers guys, seems a backward step to remove functionality, but sure there must have been a good technical reason.

Fizz, your idea of putting the current mileage in the description would sort of work though, I think my brain will manage to add 2 numbers together easily enough. Will give that a go. Thanks
Apr 2013
3:54pm, 13 Apr 2013
78 posts
  •  
K5 Gus
Dvorak, I've already gone back and added very basic details of all my runs, ie just distance, no times, so I can see the monthly/yearly totals in the training log. Don't really want to go back and do 18 months of editing daily runs to add shoes in, and wouldn't want to add one-off "runs" as that would then double my miles !!!
Apr 2013
9:46pm, 13 Apr 2013
6,651 posts
  •  
Dvorak
Hadn't seen that. It can be quite relaxing to go back and update kit ;-) Zen-like. (I did it with my bikes).

Good luck at Lochaber :-)
Mar 2014
5:21pm, 11 Mar 2014
72,890 posts
  •  
GregP
BOING.

Sure once upon a time we could add 'starting mileage'?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by K5 Gus
I started using mapmyrun for logging training before I found Fetch, and have the history of all my s...