•  
runFattyrun
*Buy even
Mar 2013
8:02pm, 19 Mar 2013
6 posts
  •  
Maximum Hobgoblin
I took delivery of a pair of these yesterday. First session in them was on a treadmill, as the seller said I could return them if I didn't like them!

I'll keep them!

First this to note, they fit like a firm glove. I climb a little, so I am used to a firm feel. This might not be to everyone's liking. I went for the 9.5s, half a size bigger than my Asics., I could have gone for the 10s, but the sales pitch suggested otherwise, and given the guarantee, I though WTF!

The feel is quite unlike anything I've worn, ever. I've been loyal to ASICS Kayano's for the last 6 shoes, but they've got duller and duller! After a year doing the VLM (and recovering from various overuse injuries) my focus is on 10k this year. These feel really responsive, just the job!

I am cautious about possible jolting because of the jolt, but there wasn't anything untoward on first try.

I did 10k. 1km warm up, followed by 8 at 14.5KPH, and a IKM slow down. They felt great. The fastest treadmill session so far this year, and the longest by 1KM. Comfortable from the first stride!

One strange thing was, after I changed into ordinary shoes, my step felt so much heavier!

I'm away in St Albans this weekend, and possible wont get outside in them, before the Lincoln 10K, but will wear them anyway!
May 2013
2:53pm, 4 May 2013
2,154 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
I just bought a pair yesterday so will be tryiong them out tomorrow for the first time - can't wait.
May 2013
11:46pm, 4 May 2013
3,678 posts
  •  
Kieren
You're quite speedy - I'll be interested to see if there is any difference on the 5K
May 2013
4:19pm, 5 May 2013
2,168 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
Just back from a very springy 8 miles. LOVED the Adidas Boost - felt like I was springing along. Not as lightweight as racing flats but for trianing fantastic and no blisters or anything. Ran 8 miles at 7:30 pace in them and really felt fantastic. although they're pricey if they do last the 800 miles they claim then they'll work out the same cost per mile as my regular trainers. I bought a 6.5 which is the same size as my Saucony's/Brooks I usually wear.
May 2013
5:47pm, 5 May 2013
6,784 posts
  •  
JamieKai *chameleon*
Jovi - do you have the Adios Boost, or what I believe is the 'standard' Boost? As an adidas fanboy I like the idea of these, but have heard mixed reviews (indeed, the staff at Sweatshop suggested around a 50% satisfaction rate)

I chatted to a nice lad at the adidas store, but his claim to be training for "the 10k Marathon" didn't fill me with confidence at his running nous! Would be interested to hear how these trainers cope with a 'normal' training mileage of 25+ miles a week, especially as my general short-distance boots are due replacing...
May 2013
5:52pm, 5 May 2013
2,174 posts
  •  
Jovi Runner
Its the new Adidas Adios Boost that they've just brought out - the ones with the new stuff & the non midsole bit (sorry not good with technical stuff) - here's what I bought wiggle.co.uk . The 20% of for club runners in the local running shop and the fact they were the last ladies pair they had swung it! :) I did need some new regular training shoes so am hoping they'll serve me well for my Chester marathon training. A high profile local runner her in N Yorks was given a pair to trial and he is loving them too.
May 2013
4:37pm, 11 May 2013
280 posts
  •  
buzby123
My friend has just run a marathon in these and loved them . Her 5k time seems to be reaping the benefits too. I meanwhile just ran a successful marathon in my asics but my feet feel numb in them after about 6-8 miles and toes take a bashing. Wondering whether to take the plunge and sneak a pair in the house while hubby isn't looking.
Dec 2013
11:38pm, 9 Dec 2013
3,692 posts
  •  
Kieren
Anyone else?

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Kieren
I just saw the advert for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgMYSi-eQOc

Invitation for i...