Addidas Boost

9 watchers
Mar 2013
8:52pm, 4 Mar 2013
115 posts
  •  
Carlos Fandango Jnr
Adidas probably thought about how this material would work in a shoe quite early in the development process... rather than just finding whatever material gives the best bounce to an apparently steel ball in a video and then relying on the opinion of "some guy with an internet connection" to highlight potential problems with putting it in running shoes.

If CB's stats are right about 2.5%, and I've no reason to think they are since the claim relies on the expression "if you think about it", then £100 seems pretty good value to me. It costs more than that for travel/accommodation at a fast race. The only issue I have is this: at 270g the current model (pending the release of an Adios version) is in my opinion too heavy to race in, so a gain of even 2.5% is either (i) wasted on easy jogging or (ii) more than cancelled out by the additional weight if you run a race in them [remember weight on the end of your feet has more of an effect than most other places].

I'm open-minded about the material itself though, just not convinced putting it in heavy shoes is where it's best used.
Mar 2013
11:18am, 6 Mar 2013
3,125 posts
  •  
Tav H
I've always thought that the ground was the best bit of kit for returning energy? Anything between you and it is absorbing and giving back less than it absorbed.
Mar 2013
11:19am, 6 Mar 2013
3,126 posts
  •  
Tav H
And no I am not a hippy with glass in my feet!
Mar 2013
11:25am, 6 Mar 2013
585 posts
  •  
ultrapaulo
Has anyone dropped a ball bearing on concrete? It does not do what the video suggests... but that wouldn't sell shoes.
Mar 2013
11:28am, 6 Mar 2013
387 posts
  •  
mblnFERCr
******* breaking news "Advertising is not reality" ******* :P
Mar 2013
11:32am, 6 Mar 2013
8,818 posts
  •  
James1982a
I don't tend to leap 2 foot into the air, leaving my shoes behind on the floor then land in them again either. They tend to stay attached to my feet.
Mar 2013
11:38am, 6 Mar 2013
586 posts
  •  
ultrapaulo
mblnFERCr - Thanks so much, I was genuinley tied up in a horrible world of believing everything without question. Have you shared your knowledge with others too? In fact, don't share it... sell it!
Mar 2013
9:10pm, 6 Mar 2013
6 posts
  •  
Jamesito
The video is nonsense, any A level student would be able to tell you that the ball on concrete should bounce the highest. Maybe adidas have managed to change the laws of physics or maybe they just rigged it.
Mar 2013
9:19pm, 6 Mar 2013
116 posts
  •  
Carlos Fandango Jnr
Not any A-level student... I did history, geography and Spanish and only noticed the lack of a north arrow.

Can anyone cast light on the validity of the Coke adverts featuring a man with a white beard and red suit? If that's not all true I want my money back!
Mar 2013
8:26pm, 10 Mar 2013
90 posts
  •  
runFattyrun
Can you but a man with a white beard?? ho much did he cost Carlos?

About This Thread

Maintained by Kieren
I just saw the advert for this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgMYSi-eQOc

Invitation for i...