Acupuncture

1 watcher
Jul 2011
9:39am, 20 Jul 2011
7,611 posts
  •  
surreystrider™
My physio has suggested acupuncture to remedy a long standing piriformis problem. Anyone else had acupuncture to treat a running injury? What were your experiences of it?
Jul 2011
9:42am, 20 Jul 2011
916 posts
  •  
Jon_t
I had pins stuck in me for a shoulder problem, wasnt 100% successful, but it did help in the short term. It wasnt pleasant when he decided to see if he could 'go in deeper' with a few either
Jul 2011
10:17am, 20 Jul 2011
338 posts
  •  
Lisa T
I had it for my achilles along with ultrasound. Not sure which did the trick but the two together were very successful.
Jul 2011
10:17pm, 20 Jul 2011
1,660 posts
  •  
sallykate
I had acupuncture following steroid injections in my spine to deal with facet joint disease. Two sets of injections had left me better but still in some discomfort. After physio sessions including acupuncture I'm a lot better. Also had acupuncture as part of treatment for runner's knee before I was a runner.

I'd go for it as part of a program of treatment including more traditional physio.
Jul 2011
10:19pm, 20 Jul 2011
4,976 posts
  •  
Footpad
The power of mind over matter is not one to doubt!!
Jul 2011
10:27pm, 20 Jul 2011
576 posts
  •  
lady alton
The sports physio I see uses Acupuncture too and it seems to work pretty well! feels a bit odd but very effective

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by surreystrider™
My physio has suggested acupuncture to remedy a long standing piriformis problem. Anyone else had ac...