Achy Lungs

1 watcher
Feb 2013
12:29pm, 4 Feb 2013
46 posts
  •  
Miss Piggy
I had bronchitis/pneumonia in September. Following several weeks of rest, antibiotics etc I decided I was feeling 95% better and so went in a race that I had been looking forward to. I told myself that if I felt crap I would just jog or walk or stop but instead I pushed through and actually came 3rd beating my previous years time. Anyway, after this I felt terrible and had to stop running again. After a few weeks of this I went to the doctor who told me I probably had pleurisy. Well it is now Feb so several months later and I am still feeling aches in my lung area after I run. If I do nothing, do not exert myself, I feel perfectly normal. Has anyone else experienced this? Could I still have pleurisy after all this time?? Should I stop running and wait several more months to see if it gets better or just start back slowly and steady monitoring it?
Feb 2013
12:32pm, 4 Feb 2013
48,481 posts
  •  
Puddington
Go to your Doctor and ask? I really don't mean that to sound rude, but would that not be the sensible thing to do?
Feb 2013
12:34pm, 4 Feb 2013
1,606 posts
  •  
Autumnleaves
Without wishing to be a harbinger of doom - do go back to your doctor; my cousin had a misdiagnosis of pleurisy - it was actually a heart problem.
Feb 2013
2:03pm, 4 Feb 2013
47 posts
  •  
Miss Piggy
I did go to my doctor several times and even had a ct scan a month ago, although I have been chasing every week I have not had any results yet! I was just wondering if I was overreacting or should keep persuing it through my doctor - so I guess I should based on comments above. Thanks x

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
I had bronchitis/pneumonia in September. Following several weeks of rest, antibiotics etc I decided ...