Accomodation

3 watchers
Jan 2016
2:17pm, 20 Jan 2016
38 posts
  •  
runjogcrawl13
Afternoon all, just wondering if I could tap into other peoples experiences and knowledge regarding places to stay in advance of the London Marathon. I am hoping to find somewhere for the Friday and Saturday night, fairly central would be good but as long as reasonably in the mix the main things I am hoping for are; on a budget as I have quite limited funds and would be nice if it wasnt a traditional hotel and instead had the option to self cater so I can sort out my own dinner and breakfast on the morning of the race. Any top tips would be massively appreciate. Thanks in advance!
Jan 2016
2:26pm, 20 Jan 2016
70 posts
  •  
legend777
maybe pushing the 'fairly central' bit but I stayed in a Travelodge in Ilford when I did it a couple of years ago. About £40-£50 per night. Bus station 2 minute walk and buses going to Victoria every 3-4 minutes if you have supporters heading towards the Mall. Train station less than a 5 minute walk - does involve a couple of changes to get to Greenwich for start but just follow the crowd of runners - took me about 40 minutes to get to start
Jan 2016
2:43pm, 20 Jan 2016
16,908 posts
  •  
DeeGee
Have you tried AirBnB and HouseTrip?
Jan 2016
9:29pm, 20 Jan 2016
33 posts
  •  
anthonyj89
2nd AirBnb
Feb 2016
5:23pm, 7 Feb 2016
1,211 posts
  •  
Mrs Hamish
We are staying in a Holiday Inn (i think) on VLM website. Got an early marathon saver which includes breakfast and coach travel to the start line. At least that way we are guaranteed to arrive at the start.
Feb 2016
9:42pm, 21 Feb 2016
781 posts
  •  
Churchy_7
I'm staying at the Marriott county hall Saturday And Sunday night. very central (next to London eye) and a decent spa for Monday recovery
Mar 2016
5:20pm, 10 Mar 2016
655 posts
  •  
NellyMarcos
I am renting a flat through AirBnB in Camden from Saturday lunch time till Sunday morning.
Jun 2016
6:03pm, 16 Jun 2016
193 posts
  •  
FergusG
Thought I'd best get my hotel booked for 2017 before everywhere fills up or jacks up their prices. I want somewhere close to the start (more time in bed), and have booked the London Greenwich Travelodge for the Saturday and Sunday. Cost (with breakfast) was £263.90, but it's fully refundable so I can easily cancel it if I find anything better. So, has anyone else found any hotels that are cheaper and closer yet? Or am I bit of a sad case for booking so early?
Apr 2017
7:58pm, 15 Apr 2017
724 posts
  •  
Littlefoot
Does anybody need a place to kip? I live about half an hour from the start (bus to Lewisham) and in case anybody hasn't got a place and is in urgent need of a place to kip, please send me a PM.
Apr 2017
12:33pm, 17 Apr 2017
741 posts
  •  
makkem
Last time I did the London Marathon back in 2008, I stayed in the Central London YHA in Great Bolsover Street (round the corner from the BBC) It does mean sharing a room. However cost is around £20-£25 per night and there is a self-catering kitchen in the basement.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by runjogcrawl13
Afternoon all, just wondering if I could tap into other peoples experiences and knowledge regarding ...