BETTER WITHOUT ADS? Become a voluntary supporter

Welcome To Fetcheveryone

Our awesome training log doesn't hide its best features behind a paywall. Search thousands of events, get advice, play games, measure routes, and more! Join our friendly community of runners, cyclists, and swimmers.
Click here to get started
Already a Fetchie? Sign in here

Abingdon Marathon 2016

14 watchers
Oct 2016
7:25pm, 23 Oct 2016
939 posts
photoset
3.46.37 PB:-)
Lost a few minutes over the last 6 miles, windy around the industrial estate. Enjoyed the run plenty of support around the course, wasn't keen on the underpass around 24 miles
Oct 2016
7:34pm, 23 Oct 2016
627 posts
FergusG
Well done on the PBs gents!

I'll need to look back at my splits to be sure of the exact point the wheels started to wobble. I knew I couldn't sustain a Sub-3 pace towards the end however, and basically lost 5 minutes in the final 7K or so to finish with a 3:04:13.
Oct 2016
12:21pm, 24 Oct 2016
1144 posts
DrDan
3:31 for me and a PB, although disappointed not to get a sub-3:30. All was good up to 22 miles and then I started to slow between 22 and 23 ... never hit The Wall but the low mileage caught up with me in the end and my pace dropped by about 50 s/mi for the last 4.2. I did put in a decent surge on the track though and re-gained quite a few places.

Good event - parking too far away and those tiny cups of water were not sufficient (was forced to take a bottle of lucosade at a later station just to keep hydrated), Otherwise great!

Got something to say?

To contribute to the discussion, you need to either sign in or register as a user.

About This Thread

Maintained by
Online entries opened this morning. Ran this for this first time last year, and really enjoyed it. T...