Aberdeen Parkrun

40 watchers
Oct 2015
1:12pm, 17 Oct 2015
11,107 posts
  •  
Lip Gloss
Yeah and 20 seconds faster than I did it last Sunday :-)
Oct 2015
1:27pm, 17 Oct 2015
5,360 posts
  •  
pedroscalls
Well done LG.
Oct 2015
3:40pm, 17 Oct 2015
1,975 posts
  •  
Corrah
Will get back to Ellon eventually. Wanted to let them get settled first. Course PB for me at Hazlehead. Asthma medication working very well, so chuffed to bits. Finally figuring out what it is like to actually run properly without coughing up a lung! Mad that I didn't realise sooner.
Nov 2015
6:49pm, 27 Nov 2015
19 posts
  •  
tebberen
From this Saturday, November 28th, Hazlehead parkrun will be one of 10 trial locations in the UK to have a buddy from the Run Mummy Run (RMR) online community.

A RMR Run Buddy is a volunteer that will provide a friendly face and a warm welcome for women and families at parkrun.

The run buddy for Hazlehead parkrun will be Gillian Van Tebberen who is one of the most regular volunteers at Hazlehead.

The aim of the RMR link with parkrun is to:

- Encourage more women and children to attend parkrun, especially those who have never run before and/or are inactive.

- Encourage more women and children to regularly participate in parkrun.

- To build and contribute to insight into the barriers preventing women from in participating, and developing further solutions to overcome these.

This is a trial and will last until the end of February. Gillian as the RMR buddy will be encouraging new people to come along to Hazlehead parkrun. She will be present from 9am to welcome anyone new or returning from the RMR community.

I hope you will support Gillian and the new attendees that we may see as a result of this tie up with RMR.

Martin Fraser

Event Director

Hazlehead parkrun
Nov 2015
6:57pm, 27 Nov 2015
6,897 posts
  •  
mrs shanksi
That's interesting tebberen, have they done research and found that not so many women do parkrun? I've always found it welcoming and never thought it was male - dominated. Saying that, I'm in favour of anything that encourages folk to run. Well done!
Dec 2015
7:27pm, 22 Dec 2015
934 posts
  •  
KimCanRun
I think I might actually partake in my first ever park run on Friday. It'll be a slow one but hey ho.
Dec 2015
7:54pm, 22 Dec 2015
2,209 posts
  •  
Elf For Leather
Be sure to say hello Kim :)
Dec 2015
8:32pm, 22 Dec 2015
12,213 posts
  •  
Merry Lip Gloss
Oh I might be persuaded to go just to meet you Kim ;-) and of course say Merry Christmas to my run chums :-)
Dec 2015
10:27pm, 22 Dec 2015
935 posts
  •  
KimCanRun
Oh, the pressure is on now! Don't go on my account LG, it'll be a disappointment!

Is festive attire required/optional/mandatory?
Dec 2015
10:31pm, 22 Dec 2015
2,211 posts
  •  
Elf For Leather
Optional Kim but I will probably be in Santa jacket and shorts if the milder weather continues! :-O

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
This is a copy of the original posting I put on the Aberdeen Fetch Mile Forum earlier this week- onc...