A Song Of Ice And Fire thread (Game Of Thrones spoilers)

16 watchers
May 2015
6:10am, 28 May 2015
29,636 posts
  •  
Nellers
Does anyone else sometimes worry that George is just trolling us all?
May 2015
9:35am, 28 May 2015
6,672 posts
  •  
Carpathius
I worry that he might drop down dead before finishing the books.
May 2015
10:03am, 28 May 2015
571 posts
  •  
Tazsedai
That happened with Robert Jordan and the Wheel of Time! Brandon Sanderson did a good job of finishing the series - but that was helped by the fact RJ had an illness he knew wouldn't give him much time so at least the storylines were finished as he wanted.
May 2015
10:14am, 28 May 2015
8,350 posts
  •  
maT.T.
Never did finish them. Found they got very ponderous by book 5 or 6. I was younger and more impatient though.
May 2015
10:18am, 28 May 2015
572 posts
  •  
Tazsedai
They do pick up again MaT.T.

My worry is GRRM doesn't look the healthiest either!
May 2015
11:33am, 28 May 2015
8,351 posts
  •  
maT.T.
Would probably need to read them all again Taz. Hmm....
Jun 2015
11:14pm, 2 Jun 2015
1,448 posts
  •  
Longwayround (LWR)
GRRM has apparently told the series producers how the series should end, just in case of tragedy.
Jun 2015
11:19pm, 2 Jun 2015
29,644 posts
  •  
Nellers
He has, and he's also said he's not going to write any more episode scripts because he's got to finish WoW and get started on the next one (A Dream of Spring?).

DId you all see it on Monday? Was I the only one who kept hearing "Dead things in the water" in my head over and over? Have you seen the trailer for next week? Jon and the wildlings arrive at the gate at Castle Black on foot from the North. So what happened to the ships? Why haven't they sailed south and to Eastwatch and come across south of the wall on the road?

Dead things in the water! I don't think it's over.
Jun 2015
12:09pm, 3 Jun 2015
2,537 posts
  •  
postieboy
Dead things in the water? I never heard that. Anyway, Jon has the inconvenience of being brutally stabbed when he gets back to Castle Black if all comes to pass.
Jun 2015
12:39pm, 3 Jun 2015
29,645 posts
  •  
Nellers
Cotter Pyke sends a letter to Jon from Hardhome saying that he's trapped and that there are dead things int eh woods and dead things in the water. Resurrected whales and sharks and Kraken! How horrific would that be?

Are we all agreed, though, that even if he dies he'll get better?

The line from Sam this week: "Jon always comes back." Subtle.

I've seen something that describes Jorah's second exile as "Banishing 2: Even Banisher".:-)

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
For those of us who've read George R R Martin's monsterous tomes and would like to discuss them without spoiling it for those who don't know what is about to occur in the tv series