A poll about a Fetch app

7 watchers
Jan 2015
11:53am, 7 Jan 2015
15,594 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
With absolutely *NO* promises about actually making something happen, I would really like to get some feedback for this poll:

http://www.fetcheveryone.com/polls-view.php?id=4726

It's asking what the key feature of a Fetch app should be. Should it focus on being a simplified, browsable version of the website? Or is it more about having something that you can stick in your pocket when you go for a run, that will give you time/distance/etc, and feed it into your training log?

Of course, if you're interested in an app, I know you might say "both". But then I might have to poke you in the eye :-)
Jan 2015
11:55am, 7 Jan 2015
12,169 posts
  •  
The Teaboy
Mostly not bothered, but I think a browser as this site it quite tricky to browse on a smartphone. I've already got loads of ways to do GPS.
Jan 2015
12:04pm, 7 Jan 2015
23,658 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Does it ask "Android or Apple/iOS"? Or does everyone have to do both nowadays?

Can you can go all "agile" and just build one thing and then add to it? I'd go with browse forums and be able to post better (my HTC Android phone causes me to write drivel when I post... ahem...) I'll go vote. Yay, an App! :-) G
Jan 2015
179 posts
  •  
Podkin
I would love a fetchpoint app so I don't have to remember where all the bugs are.
Jan 2015
23,659 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
What TB said! :-) G
Jan 2015
12:09pm, 7 Jan 2015
1,824 posts
  •  
Molesy
As a poll it's really good, offers choices for everybody.

I don't have to get an immediate fetchie fix at all hours of the day or night so I don't have an urgent need for a smartphone browsable version. If I did then I would have thought integration with something like Tapatalk might be a better idea rather than re-inventing the wheel.
Jan 2015
12:11pm, 7 Jan 2015
1,825 posts
  •  
Molesy
Actually, I really like Podkin's idea, a live Fetchpoint feed would be brilliant :-)
Jan 2015
12:22pm, 7 Jan 2015
2,927 posts
  •  
longboat
I would support an iphone app to make the website easier to browse/use. From a training perspective, I have the strava app on my phone, but only ever used it when I forgot my garmin or it had a flat battery.

The forums, and manually logged training data (weight, manual sessions) would be great though
Jan 2015
12:23pm, 7 Jan 2015
9,059 posts
  •  
Keefy Beefy
Without wanting to sound moany, this site is probably the hardest site of any to use on a mobile. Nothing resizes and things are tiny, little seems touch compliant. I would start with some stripped down version of the training log (including way to add runs) and forum, the rest can follow after.
Jan 2015
2:00pm, 7 Jan 2015
1,903 posts
  •  
z1000jeff
As long as I don't have to log in EVERY time I use it anything thereafter is a bonus.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
With absolutely *NO* promises about actually making something happen, I would really like to get som...