A place to tell your dreams (as no one wants to hear them in real life!)

24 watchers
Aug 2021
8:56am, 4 Aug 2021
21,996 posts
  •  
Rosehip
I had a horrible and very confused dream last night that involved a strict border crossing for a simple ferry (being searched, camera taken away and not understanding why there was a border in the first place) and then whilst waiting for said ferry seeing swimmers trying to cross the lake (?) being chased by paddle steamers.
Aug 2021
8:58am, 4 Aug 2021
26,969 posts
  •  
EvilPixie
I dreamt I had covid and couldn't stop coughing and struggled to breath
I was that convinced I almost did a LFT this morning
Aug 2021
9:30am, 4 Aug 2021
77,151 posts
  •  
Hanneke
RH, I have been having those types of dreams. Brexshit induced and paired with Covid. I am desperate to see my sister but I am not allowed by both the Brits and the Netherlands. I called the Dutch embassy who told me they have to let me in and Britain has to allow me to leave but all the hoops I'd have to jump through and almost £1000 of extra cost plus 20 days of quarantine make it really impossible.
Plus, I would have to.lie to the Brits saying, and proving somehow, I am moving house, using the Stanley Johnson clause and my sister will have to try get a letter from her oncologist stating she is much worse than she is because I can only travel if a 1st grade relative is dying or there is a funeral. Thankfully, my sister is no longer dying but I'd like to see her more, not less!!!
Aug 2021
9:33am, 4 Aug 2021
77,152 posts
  •  
Hanneke
And this situation had me having two more dreams. Not involving water and wales this time but it was still very hot. I was in my car, on a mountain road going up and up on a nartower and narrower track. Tarmac ran out, sun got hotter and burnt more as I got higher.
I was being chased by the Covid police/army in full, black combat gear with helmets, vizors and machine guns. I ended up with the bonnet facing a rockface, the road ran out. I clambered onto the rocks, looked back and jumped...
Aug 2021
9:36am, 4 Aug 2021
77,153 posts
  •  
Hanneke
The other dream I actually got caught... Was taken, in a straight jacket, to a detention centre, where I was forcibly vaccinated (I am allergic and cannot be vaccinated). This left me "locked in", i.e. fully compus mentus but body completely paralised. I woke up and could not even scream...
Aug 2021
9:39am, 4 Aug 2021
77,154 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Oh, every dream they are able to follow me because I am unvaccinated and they can scan for than with a sort of speedgun. They point it at people and it shows their database entry. When they point it at me, it doesn't show anything because I have avoided being chipped by not being vaccinated... So they pursue me...
CK2
Aug 2021
6:00am, 5 Aug 2021
904 posts
  •  
CK2
Some scary Covid/Brexit dreams! I hope they haven’t disturbed your waking life too much as intense dreams like those can drift into your waking life.
Aug 2021
9:34am, 5 Aug 2021
77,260 posts
  •  
Hanneke
It is the stresses from that reality that caused those dreams!
Aug 2021
9:40am, 5 Aug 2021
77,261 posts
  •  
Hanneke
After 26 years here, I had extreme difficulty obtaining settled status.
My sister is in the Netherlands with cancer and I cannot see her.
I cannot be vaccinated because of a history of anaphylaxis that has left me with a heart defect from the defibrillator.
I was told last year by the NHS that, as I had less than 5 years life expectancy, they were suspending all my treatments, screening etc because I too am BRCA1 positive, because CoVid was more important.

I was also told to shield, which I ignored as by then I was ready to actually jump!!!
I am prosecuted by immigration, i.e. the Home Office, as well as the NHS... Unable to go anywhere, practically a prisoner of my own home...
CK2
Aug 2021
7:06am, 9 Aug 2021
907 posts
  •  
CK2
Fantastic dream last night! I told my old boss where to go! She was only just my ex boss in the dream and I’d joined her for a meeting with a partner organisation in London. It was the evening and she told someone else we both knew, en route, that she’d be working until 1am. I said I’d be done before then as it was a social that later in the dream became a meeting.

When we got there, there was some chit chat and none of my usual contacts from this other organisation were there. In fact their team was huge whereas it’s only a handful of people in real life. The meeting/workshop involved a lot of psychobabble and exercises which I couldn’t see the point of. At 8.30pm we were told to pop to the local shop to get refreshments for a 25 min break. I explained to the leader that I had a 4 hour journey home so had to leave by 9. She was surprised and my ex boss explained we don’t usually hold meetings in the evening. I went to the shop but there was nothing I could eat and I decided this was a waste of time and to leave now.

I went back and explained this to ex boss who started on about she’d worked hard to get this opportunity to network with this other organisation and I’d leaving her on her own. I said that I spoke to colleagues from this organisation daily, none of whom were there, and it was a waste of time and money. Plus as she was no longer my boss there was nothing she could do about it. I stomped off texting my husband.

The dream ended in some supernatural story where I had the key to a book of the dead and someone was after me to get it. Very peculiar!

But so glad I told my ex boss off!

About This Thread

Maintained by CK2
I see we’ve got threads for surreal dreams and coronavirus dreams but I can’t find anywhere to d...