A message for the Fetch community of Surrey, Berkshire and Hampshire...

6 watchers
Jun 2014
10:05pm, 9 Jun 2014
170 posts
  •  
Jimbo
In February this year I was made redundant after 10 years working in the IT department of a London law firm.
I have taken this opportunity to make big changes in my personal life...
I have taken up triathlon and enjoyed the the luxury of being able to train full time.
However, this obviously isn't going to last forever and at some point there will be a need to work and start bringing in some money to support my family.

My professional ambition is now to get into the health and fitness industry. My first steps are to qualify as a Sports Massage Therapist and offer this service to my increasing network of triathletes and runners etc.
I am currently in training and hope to be fully qualified by early November.
Now, as with most new skills, the only way to improve is to get plenty of practice.
This is where you the Fetch community of Surrey, Berkshire and Hampshire come in....

I am looking for people who are willing to help me practice and improve my skills and knowledge in Sports Massage.
The service will be mobile so all therapy will be carried out in the comfort of your own home.

All I ask is for a small payment to cover fuel costs and massage creams etc.

If you are interested and would like further details then please do drop me an email at jaymacfitness@gmail.com

Many thanks in advance.
Jamie McMahon (Jimbo) - Fetchie since 2004 :-)
Jun 2014
1:41pm, 12 Jun 2014
14,440 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
Good luck Jimbo. *bump*
Jun 2014
1:44pm, 12 Jun 2014
22,319 posts
  •  
HappyG(rrr)
Not in your locale, but best of luck with your venture and if you could blog/update this thread, would be really interesting to track your progress. I'm sure many of us dream of a career and life change. Hope it works out for you. Cheers, :-) G
Jun 2014
2:14pm, 12 Jun 2014
10,404 posts
  •  
ChrisHB
You're far from the first to make that change, and I've never heard of anyone failing, though I suppose they wouldn't publicise it very much. Good luck!
D2
Jun 2014
2:16pm, 12 Jun 2014
5,379 posts
  •  
D2
best wishes, keep us posted
Jun 2014
4:19pm, 13 Jun 2014
5,595 posts
  •  
becca7
Good luck Jimbo. A bit far for me but hopefully there are plenty of others in that area who would be glad of your services.
Jun 2014
5:06pm, 13 Jun 2014
652 posts
  •  
Yazoo
Good luck Jimbo.. just dropped you a quick mail.
Jun 2014
4:13pm, 14 Jun 2014
186 posts
  •  
exflyboy
Hi Jimbo. Reading Joggers are entering a number of teams and pairs/solos in the Endure24 event at Wasing Park near Aldermaston on June 28th/29th. We have tried to provide massage for our runners in addition to the massage provided by the organizers. In the past years we have been supported by students from St Mary's college, but this year didn't have any takers from their current intake of students. We do have a couple of volunteers so far, but if you wanted to get a lot of experience in a short period of time, give me a reply and we will see what we can arrange. Many thanks
Jun 2014
4:34pm, 14 Jun 2014
6,689 posts
  •  
KatieB
Where are you training, Jimbo?

Good luck btw.
Jun 2014
11:06pm, 18 Jun 2014
171 posts
  •  
Jimbo
Thanks guys. Sorry for the delay in responding, I've been out of the country for a few days and just catching up on things.

Firstly I would like to thank you all for the positive comments.

A couple of you have shown interest which is a great start. It only takes a couple of happy customers for the word to spread fast. :-)

In response to exflyboy, thank you for the great offer, but I am afraid I will be competing at the Leeds Castle Triathlon on the 29th and travelling down to Kent on the 28th. I am open to voluntary work to gain experience so if you know of any other events in the Surrey/Berkshire/Hampshire area then please do let me know.

About This Thread

Maintained by Jimbo
In February this year I was made redundant after 10 years working in the IT department of a London l...