A hybrid bike is......

9 watchers
May 2011
9:58am, 18 May 2011
10,461 posts
  •  
hellen
Thanks
Do bikes fit in the back of tiny cars if u take the wheel off? I have Renault twingo which is mini size! Yp don't u have little fiat? Does it fit in that? Don't Wang to be bothering with racks!
May 2011
10:01am, 18 May 2011
626 posts
  •  
Durham Dawdler
I'm not sure if it would fit hellen, I have a Clio and my road bike only just fits in the boot with the back seats down and the front wheel off
May 2011
10:10am, 18 May 2011
14,017 posts
  •  
hammerite
My bike fits ok in my Corsa with the seats down.

Lil - check out eBay, you might be able to get yourself a good cross bike for a lot less than the Trek. Mine was £400
May 2011
10:22am, 18 May 2011
10,462 posts
  •  
hellen
My bike without wheel off fitted in corsa and Clio, can't take wheel off mountain bike so can't try it
Twingo boot is way smaller than my corsa and Clio, is same as mini and prob same as pergeot 107 or fiat 500
May 2011
1:17pm, 18 May 2011
4,105 posts
  •  
Liliaicha
Thanks Hammer, I'll take a look, but unsure about what size frame I need. I'm assuming it doesn't just go on height?
Jul 2011
11:37pm, 20 Jul 2011
3,655 posts
  •  
Debstir
Both my road & mountain bikes fit on the back seat with the front wheel off (and an old towel over the back seat!). I've got an old Fiesta.

My mountain bike is dying. I have spotted a rather gorgeous Trek hybrid and it's on offer in one of my LBSs But I'm not telling you where or how much in case you all beat me to it and there's none left for me ;)
Jul 2011
6:07am, 21 Jul 2011
8,835 posts
  •  
Yorkshire Pie
I have a fiat 500 and usually use a rack but I did once get a bike in with the back seats down and both bike wheels off. It was a tight fit though!
Jul 2011
8:21am, 21 Jul 2011
51 posts
  •  
Chris the Fish
I've been going through similar turmoil myself. Finally went for a giant roam 2 hybrid. I'm having to wait for it to be delivered, and the longer I wait the more I doubt I've made the right decision! Can't wait to get it tho!
Jul 2011
3:13pm, 21 Jul 2011
3,656 posts
  •  
Debstir
Typical. Wandered past the other LBS after shift today, found myself eyeing up a Specialized hybrid now! Maybe I'd be as well giving my old MTB a wee bit more TLC and save myself a few hundred pounds....
Aug 2011
5:33am, 2 Aug 2011
523 posts
  •  
Jerboa
I'm also trying to decide whether to get a new bike. Have started cycling more and currently have a very old and uncared for mountain bike that cost me £80 from Argos about 12-15 years ago. It's really heavy and the gears are awful. Not sure whether a bit of TLC would bring it round or whether to spend out on a hybrid or even a road bike. I commute to work sometimes through the summer but can't say that I'll never want to go off road again. Don't want to spend a fortune but don't know what I really want either. Should I keep the mountain bike and get a road bike or get rid and get a hybrid? Maybe one day I'll consider a duathlon. But not planning on it at the moment.

About This Thread

Maintained by Liliaicha
a) a complete waste of time HTFU and get a road bike (I'm scared of cycling on the road!)

b) a c...