A hybrid bike is......

9 watchers
Aug 2011
8:00pm, 5 Aug 2011
70 posts
  •  
Chris the Fish
Im going to have to have a think, would it be like a boat, such as 'spirit of fetch' or more like a pet such as 'spot'?
Aug 2011
9:22am, 6 Aug 2011
528 posts
  •  
Jerboa
Sorry Chris, just realised you'd asked me a direct question a few pages back and I haven't replied. I'd use it for commuting to work but I live in the back of beyond and the roads are very bumpy. So this suggests to me that I need a hybrid. But I know that if I really get into the cycling lark then I'll be wanting something a bit more streamlined. However I have to really think about how much each of them will get used. So at the moment the hybrid seems the more practical option. And maybe in the future, if I decide it's really necessary, after a lot of overtime shifts or bank holidays working, I might get a road bike.

BTW, I like 'Spirit of Fetch' :)
Aug 2011
8:22pm, 6 Aug 2011
71 posts
  •  
Chris the Fish
Jerboa, you may be surprised at the range of hybrids you can get, anything from very 'city' to 'nearly mtb', my giant (have i mentioned ive got a new bike :) ) is very mtb, but still rolls on the road and is a joy to ride.

have a butchers about, you may be pleasantly surprised at what you can get out of a hybrid!

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Liliaicha
a) a complete waste of time HTFU and get a road bike (I'm scared of cycling on the road!)

b) a c...