A Head Thread

19 watchers
Nov 2021
3:05pm, 12 Nov 2021
18,713 posts
  •  
Chrisull
Found something else of interest to the thread here, but irritatingly enough, no way of posting an online link. It's in a music magazine, the Wire thewire.co.uk , who can often be way too po faced and serious about themselves and their subjects, but their cover star Laraaji (a "new age" busker on synths and zither, before New Age became a thing, Brian Eno apparently did a record with him after watching him busk and leaving him a note in his pot) is a real gent and genuinely interesting maverick. He was previously a standup comedian - but most interestingly ran courses on laughter meditation. There's nearly a page in the issue on it, it's fascinating stuff (although not really worth buying the magazine for). A second music article online here, asks him a question about his laughter meditation here (half way down) but his answer isn't as in depth : aquariumdrunkard.com

but thought it worth signposting before I forgot.
Nov 2021
9:15am, 19 Nov 2021
8,463 posts
  •  
sallykate
I picked up on this today - some research by folk at my workplace into self-criticism

psychologytoday.com

TL;DR version - To sum up, just the expression “being hard on yourself” should contain its own inner warning about the unproductive nature of overly self-critical thoughts. Understanding that they are in fact “thoughts” and not reality can help you lead you to a more reasonable and self-accepting sense of your own self-worth.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Sharkie
All things THINKING.

Not just mindfulness and meditation. Not just the Positive Mental Attitude so...

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.