A Good Cup of Coffee

74 watchers
Jul 2021
3:34pm, 4 Jul 2021
21,939 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
M & S Sumatran ground. Grabbed today as I was hoping to meet a friend for a coffee out in a park 50 mins walk away; but weather unpredictable.

Really lovely coffee.
Jul 2021
6:36pm, 10 Jul 2021
1,050 posts
  •  
meadowsboy

You have probably seen this before but it made me smile
Jul 2021
9:28pm, 24 Jul 2021
21,963 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Me too Meadowsboy.

So hot this week - had my first iced coffees. I was buzzin' at work.
Jul 2021
9:44pm, 24 Jul 2021
51,167 posts
  •  
Derby Tup
I used to get iced coffee in Vietnam every morning. “Iced coffee Mr Andrew, very strong”
Sep 2021
3:42pm, 1 Sep 2021
77 posts
  •  
EatSleepRunRePete
Whittards Bourbon Espresso (beans or pre-ground) ☕ spot on ... Aeropress or French press ... beautiful 👌
Sep 2021
9:57pm, 1 Sep 2021
976 posts
  •  
Sam Jelfs
Whittards is to blame for my significant caffeine addiction...

When I was a student I spent a few months working in their bull ring store. We were actively encouraged to drink coffee and tea on the shop floor as the manager believed that customers would trust us more if they saw us drinking the products. Give an 18 year old student access to expensive espresso machines and lots of fresh coffee beans, and well you can see where that goes. Add in a decent staff discount and best part of 20 years later I still have withdrawal symptoms if I don't have coffee by mid-morning...
Sep 2021
3:17pm, 2 Sep 2021
21,980 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Good marketing Whittards!

Thanks for the recommends. I've been drinking Columbian as I moved recently and had to make coffee on the fly. Two brands, not my bag.

Off shopping in a min for my fave Sumatran Mandelhing.
Sep 2021
4:09pm, 2 Sep 2021
15,305 posts
  •  
larkim
Loving the consistency of my shots from the Gaggia Classic paired with the Iberital MC2 grinder throughout the summer, though realising a little that a grinder which isn't particularly well set up for swapping to different beans on different days / weeks might be a difficulty in the future that I'd not really factored in.

Would be nice to have a jar of decaff for example that I could have to hand if I fancy a decaff espresso properly pulled in the evening, and it would be quite a mess to make that work with the MC2.
Sep 2021
4:23pm, 2 Sep 2021
31,818 posts
  •  
Ocelot Spleens
I have a question. Coffee seems to be one of the food stuffs that really irritates my symptoms since my recent bladder ops, I imagine caffeine is the culprit. Any ideas on good decaf coffee worth buying? Just to experiment with.
Sep 2021
4:27pm, 2 Sep 2021
15,306 posts
  •  
larkim
I've not found a really good decaff since Starbucks stopped selling their Sumatran Decaf (that's going back about 13 years I think).

The SF Bay decaff is OK, but really doesn't taste "right". Would love to hear of some good decaff espresso-suitable beans.

About This Thread

Maintained by Red Squirrel
Non-tea drinker here and nowhere to talk about the caffeine bean, so I thought I'd start a thread. ...

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.