A Good Cup of Coffee

74 watchers
May 2021
10:50am, 5 May 2021
21,851 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
I'm in transit and don't have a grinder here. Tis packed away in a box up my dad's loft. Fingers crossed I'll be reunited with it in about a month. Waiting for flat purchase to go through. Also my own pots and Aeropress. (Although both here where I'm living.)
May 2021
10:51am, 5 May 2021
21,852 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
My coffee shop peeps (a couple), live not far away from where I'm moving too. Could be a drop-off/pick-up possibility. I've already offered to look after/walk their lovely dog if they need me to.
May 2021
10:52am, 5 May 2021
21,853 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
*moving to*
May 2021
2:23pm, 5 May 2021
73,047 posts
  •  
Hanneke
They can pay you in coffee for dog walking :)
May 2021
2:49pm, 5 May 2021
21,859 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
Well ... that's what I was thinking Hann. T'would be no hardship I'm sure tho'; the Staffy is well affectionate and cuddlesome.
May 2021
4:26pm, 5 May 2021
14,201 posts
  •  
larkim
Bodum Pebo arrived yesterday, being stored until later in the year as a birthday gift. Quite looking forward to the theatrics of that!
May 2021
5:57am, 6 May 2021
14,206 posts
  •  
larkim
I see MarathonTalk are sponsored this week by a coffee company.

exhalecoffee.com

Must admit that feels like over-egging the pudding a bit in terms of the health benefits of coffee; I'm broadly happy if coffee just doesn't do me any harm!
May 2021
8:43am, 6 May 2021
21,866 posts
  •  
Red Squirrel
At that link - as loved by: The Scum, Mail, Metro, Top Sante. That's me put off straight away. :)
May 2021
9:28am, 26 May 2021
14,521 posts
  •  
larkim
Finally plumped for an Iberital MC2 grinder new from Happy Donkey. I know it's got flaws but I really couldn't justify anything pricier, and after the James Hoffman video about how to get good espresso under £250 (which was effectively a Gaggia Classic plus an MC2) I reckon if that's a passable setup for him then it's more than good enough for me. Won't be firing it up in anger though until late July as I'm supposed to be being good and waiting until birthday. Was pleasantly surprised to see that HappyDonkey added two x 250g bags of beans with the delivery (RRP £7) too, which was nice.

I'll just be glad to see the back of the Gaggia MM grinder and it's static-fired grinds going everywhere.
rhb
May 2021
2:16pm, 26 May 2021
1,708 posts
  •  
rhb
"Was pleasantly surprised to see that HappyDonkey added two x 250g bags of beans with the delivery (RRP £7) too, which was nice."

Top tip... use these to dial the grind towards the espresso zone & be careful whilst you do it. If you over tighten the burrs you'll burn the motor out and this isn't covered under warranty iirc as it is user error. It takes a lot of adjustment as the worm thread moves very little for each full turn of the wheel.

Old thread here, with a possible shortcut method in 3rd post - try at your own risk, I did it the very slow way:

coffeeforums.co.uk

About This Thread

Maintained by Red Squirrel
Non-tea drinker here and nowhere to talk about the caffeine bean, so I thought I'd start a thread. ...

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.