A Good Cup of Coffee

74 watchers
8 Feb
11:08pm, 8 Feb 2024
4,280 posts
  •  
jacdaw
Cannoncini, Sfogliatelle and Aragostine are all the same thing. Lobster tails!
8 Feb
11:10pm, 8 Feb 2024
119,671 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Cannoncini = horn shaped things
sfogliatelle = puff pastry things
Aragostine = lobster shaped things

Regional variations for very much the same thing. I love them!
9 Feb
4:18pm, 9 Feb 2024
2,944 posts
  •  
Surelynot
Nice movie reference their, Fields.
26 Feb
9:48am, 26 Feb 2024
23,355 posts
  •  
larkim
Finally got my hands on some of the "Raw Beans" dark decaf. Perfectly serviceable, made a nice espresso out of it as well as a couple of cups of V60. Not quite as nice as the usual brew, but perfectly acceptable and better than most cups of coffee I'd drink. Thanks again to Hanneke for the heads up.

Started playing with latte art since Christmas as I got a new steam wand for my Gaggia and a decent jug to use with it. My artistic capabilities let me down significantly, but I can now at least steam milk to the right sort of consistency. Shame I don't drink milk drinks though so the only chance I get to play is when my son wants one at the weekend!
26 Feb
11:57am, 26 Feb 2024
120,584 posts
  •  
Hanneke
Thanks Larkim. I think they are the best decaf I have tried and I tried many. A serviceable alternative while I cannot have caffeine.
10 Mar
10:48pm, 10 Mar 2024
4,071 posts
  •  
tipsku
I'm currently looking into decent decaf beans as I try to avoid having coffee after 2-3 pm so that I can sleep after midnight. I just love coffee and many health benefits are still there in decaf. At the moment, I'm reading coffee sommelier blogs who compare different decaf beans available in Germany. I'll test a few and report back how they compare to my usual coffee (mix of Robusta and Arabica beans). Decaf is 100% Arabica so I have to see if I like it.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Red Squirrel
Non-tea drinker here and nowhere to talk about the caffeine bean, so I thought I'd start a thread. ...

Useful Links

FE accepts no responsibility for external links. Or anything, really.