A couple of questions for the cyclists

1 watcher
May 2016
8:24am, 31 May 2016
3,408 posts
  •  
Wobbling
Morning,
Yesterday I completed my second 50 mile sportive. At about 2.5 hours, I started to get pain on the outside of my right knee and in the small of my back (right side). When I wiggled the toes on my right foot, I could feel it 'pulling' in my back. Pain immediately went away when I got off the bike but returned when I had been riding for a bit. By the end of the ride, the pain in my back was quite nasty. Can this be caused by the position of my cleats? Or is it down to the bike? I have had a professional bike fit, but I've changed my shoes since then and guessimated where the cleat should go, and I also had a bursitis in my right hip last year.

And secondly, would I benefit from a coach? I've been cycling seriously for a year now and I'm wondering if a coach, with bespoke training plans will help me lift my training from it's current 'meh' status into making me all whizzy.

Thank you
May 2016
6:06pm, 31 May 2016
82,496 posts
  •  
GregP
Cleats certainly worth looking at. Suggest you cut and paste over on http://www.fetcheveryone.com/viewtopic.php?id=49252 - the usual suspects should be around.

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by
Morning,
Yesterday I completed my second 50 mile sportive. At about 2.5 hours, I started to get pa...