A Blog a Day keeps the boredom away

8 watchers
Jan 2014
10:43am, 8 Jan 2014
1,216 posts
  •  
RevBarbaraG
I think this thread is what a psychologist would call self-reflective. It's an invitation for those who are still in, or interested in, the blog-a-day challenge to say stuff about it. There was that other thread that first mentioned it, but I can't find that now.

So, what I'm interested in is:

1) Does fetch have a special bit of code that tells him who's still in, or just how many, or did he have that data to hand anyway? Perhaps it's just an SQL query...
2) Those who are still in - is it intentional, or were you daily bloggers anyway?
3) Those who started in but have dropped out - was it too hard, has something happened to interrupt you, or were you never that bothered anyway?
4) This one's for fetch... is there a list of who's still in?
Jan 2014
10:44am, 8 Jan 2014
1,217 posts
  •  
RevBarbaraG
Suppose I should answer my own question... I blog every day I run anyway, plus some others, so it's not much of an effort to make sure I do it every day. And I like a bit of a challenge. At last, something I can win at ;)
Jan 2014
10:47am, 8 Jan 2014
4,881 posts
  •  
bigleggy
1 - I suspect he has code
2 - I was regular but not daily
3 - n/a
4 - I'm not Fetch :-)

A couple of my daily blogs have been buddies only - so I just need clarification I'm still in. Do Buddies only blogs still count ??
Jan 2014
10:56am, 8 Jan 2014
13,884 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
1) Yes I do :-)
2) Yes it was intentional on my part. Very sporadic - maybe 1-2 times a month. I want to get into the habit of daily writing, even if it's 'What I did on my summer holidays' most days.
3) n/a
4) Not visible to you folks, and at the moment my code just generates a count, rather than a list. Let's get to the end of January, and perhaps I'll do a list.

BL - I'm not drawing any distinction on blog type - so buddy or private is fine (although if all your blogs are private, you might not get such good socks from V'Rap ;-))

I confess that I expect most of what I write to be drivel, and a few others seem to be claiming the same for their own writings. I'm sure it's inevitable, unless you're Alex Ryder.

I'm surprised (pleasantly) by the number of people who are blogging and reading - and there have been some really nice ones this week too.
Jan 2014
11:03am, 8 Jan 2014
1,218 posts
  •  
RevBarbaraG
If you tell us what you did on your summer holidays *every* day, that would get a bit boring.....

Thanks for responding.... I knew you're have code, cos the alternative was that you sat done every day with a piece of paper, crossing off the people who haven't blogged that day. Mind you, thinking back to my coding days, you can spend as much time writing and refining a piece of code as it would take you to do the job manually....
Jan 2014
11:09am, 8 Jan 2014
4,882 posts
  •  
bigleggy
Thanks Fetch - in that case I'll try keeping it going :-)
Jan 2014
11:26am, 8 Jan 2014
13,885 posts
  •  
fetcheveryone
41 left now.
Jan 2014
1:09pm, 8 Jan 2014
1,145 posts
  •  
Winniefree
1) Already answered
2)Intentional - blogged very rarely but always felt I wanted to do more
3)n/a
Jan 2014
1:12pm, 8 Jan 2014
50,224 posts
  •  
plodding hippo
It seems to be creating even more of a sense of community here, in my opinion
I am a regular blogger, but not a daily one usually

I cant believe
I am stil getting regular comments with so many Blogs
Jan 2014
1:13pm, 8 Jan 2014
4,018 posts
  •  
Nightjar
Has anyone written a bit of code to automatically submit a blog every day (lorum ipsum maybe)?

About This Thread

Maintained by RevBarbaraG
I think this thread is what a psychologist would call self-reflective. It's an invitation for thos...