800 miles in 2016

2 watchers
Mar 2016
9:57pm, 26 Mar 2016
126 posts
  •  
Heinzster
Evening all, I have been looking around the forum and I can't see a thread for this distance. Obviously it would be more sensible to start in the New Year, rather than at Easter, but hey, better late than never.

I started running last year, and felt that 1000 miles is just a WEE bit too far, so went for the 800 miles instead. At this point I am behind. Some of this is due to injury (none of it running related - one was an over enthusiastic teenage son bruising my ribs, the other from trying to "pop" up on a surf board and popping my knee!) and some due to laziness. I have 35.7 miles to make up by the end of the year. Going from my experience in December last year I'm probably better aiming for somewhere mid November to make sure I get there.
If anyone with the same goal fancies sharing run experiences please feel free!
Mar 2016
11:54pm, 26 Mar 2016
6,873 posts
  •  
Rosehip
May I suggest that you find the 700miles thread and just overachieve a little! you won't be alone in that and it's the best/nuttiest/chattiest mileage thread on here :)
Mar 2016
8:57am, 27 Mar 2016
130 posts
  •  
Heinzster
Thanks Rosehip, I'll have a look !
Dec 2016
8:58pm, 29 Dec 2016
357 posts
  •  
Bluebell2325
Doing a little dance all on my own here, 800 done :)
Dec 2016
9:04pm, 29 Dec 2016
633 posts
  •  
Heinzster
Fantastic ,Bluebell, very well done indeed! Awesom achievement, have some bunting

Got something to say?

To join the discussion, sign in or join us.

About This Thread

Maintained by Heinzster
Evening all, I have been looking around the forum and I can't see a thread for this distance. Obvi...