80% WAVA

1 lurker | 26 watchers
May 2022
10:55pm, 22 May 2022
33,591 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
I love this photo, you deserve to have that selfie, you are an amazing athlete!
May 2022
10:58pm, 22 May 2022
19,872 posts
  •  
Sharkie
The UK relay girls are lovely people -they really are! Asha was such sweetheart - she said she'd seen me training at Lee Valley. I got to know her better since then but she's gone to the US to train this season.
May 2022
10:59pm, 22 May 2022
19,873 posts
  •  
Sharkie
How are your quads NOW Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs) ?

I tweaked a quad in my 100 today. Something I NEVER do! (Except I have now!)
May 2022
11:07pm, 22 May 2022
33,592 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
They are still sore Sharkie, I have spent time pummelling and stretching this evening which has helped, hope they are easier tomorrow. Sorry you tweaked yours :-(
May 2022
7:17am, 23 May 2022
140 posts
  •  
forever
It is very interesting how we are all better suited for a certain distance. I don't really know mine although I have always loved the 10 k.

Sharkie I think you are really Peter Pan! You look much younger than your age in the photo with Asha and it is one to treasure for sure. She sounds a really nice person too.

I did think it might be difficult to race 60m and the pandemic changed the course of most of our lives in one way or another. All the more reason to seize the opportunities we have, I think, and now you are over your cold hopefully your next meeting will show even more gains.

Hope another night's sleep has helped your DOMS Mrs Jigs. I find it takes me longer to recover from hard efforts now and I really find it hard to believe but you are a decade older.

You are both an inspiration for me to continue running and aspiring to get better πŸ’›
May 2022
7:46am, 23 May 2022
19,874 posts
  •  
Sharkie
I know the dreaded W60 is getting closer Solo but as long as you stay as fast there is that tiny bonus of higher wavas. I know you're running really well right now. When's your next chance to add to the 80% plus haul?
May 2022
6:40pm, 23 May 2022
141 posts
  •  
forever
Sorry for the late reply Sharkie, very busy at work today!
Wavas really do give me more of a focus to my running as I was most definitely a pb chaser. I never expected my return to racing to yield the results it has so soon but I do struggle in the heat so have decided to work on improving my 5k time for now.

The Norfolk 5k County Championships are the beginning of July. The race is held in the evening and falls during a week's leave so I won't have been on my feet all day. At the moment this is my next race with a couple of parkruns beforehand all being well.
I always think of short distances only being affected by the wind but does the heat make a difference??
May 2022
6:48pm, 23 May 2022
33,603 posts
  •  
Mrs Jigs (Luverlylegs)
Is that the Wroxham 5k forever? Lovely fast downhill to the finish :-)
May 2022
6:53pm, 23 May 2022
142 posts
  •  
forever
Yes, the Wroxham 5k Mrs Jigs 😊The race filled very quickly so glad I managed to get a place. Have you seen any shorter races that appeal in the next few months?
May 2022
6:53pm, 23 May 2022
19,875 posts
  •  
Sharkie
Please don't apologise for late reply, forever. I have to admit to being retired now so am a lady of leisure. If you mean short distances as in actual sprints - anything under 400m - then the warmer the better almost. Same for jumping.

Yesterday we agreed it would be too hot for anything over 1500m.

About This Thread

Maintained by fetcheveryone
As there is an 80% WAVA forum thread I wondered if anyone would be interested in joining one for 80%...